+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat Loaf

Post Likes

Meat Loaf

I made meat loaf the other night and it was good. But I put ground Turkey
    in it . It went over real well but when I told everyone it was Turkey
    Then out came the comments about how it was bad .. My question is has anything like this happened to you ? Just wondering
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Did that with chilli made from venison once....everyone thought it was beef til I told them....then all of the sudden it was the worst thing they had ever tasted! I couldn't figure out why everyone had seconds and thirds though!

Oh well...venison chilli is still the best ... IMHO
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    I remember eating mutton with the kids and one of um asked me "Where did you take the lamb named carpet??, Dad????" I told um your eating him and then it was all
    Last edited by spotts; 05-08-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    I told um your eating him...
    Yep it happens allot when they think they're eating one thing and it turns out to be something else.
    You put on a good meal and tell em it's this not that.. OHH the horror of it..
    Next time I'm gonna put bugs or worms in it and tell em it's all organic
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    We had chicken giblets in gravy at one time and this person had 3 helpings then asked where the giblets were. We told her she was eating the giblets and she was finished eating the gravy. She denied that was the reason but it was too obvious and also very funny. Her plate still had the last helping of gravy.

Post Likes
    I remember eating at a buffett with my kids. My oldest hated everything there. I finally told him "Try the chicken strips" and he just loved um. On the way home I asked him "Have you ever tried Rocky Mtn Oysters????" and he said "Now way! I'll never eat um". So I laughed and told him what he just had for lunch, and he was all .
    I asked him the other day about that [he's 24 now] and he said it's still the only time he's ever ate oysters.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Being that I am the Master Left-over chef in my house, I have a very strict policy for everyone in my kitchen.

Don't ask. Don't tell.

Post Likes

Question

We have a friend whose dad is a French chef from France, we're talking a chef who has guest lectured at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and he’s right up there with the big boys on TV.

Any way the Church they go to had a function and he made several dishes that were all extremely delicious. One thing he made was a large pot of gravy and at the end it had not been touched. I asked my friend why and he said it was because the gravy was made with veal kidneys and livers. I tasted it and took a bout a half gallon home. The stuff was great you could have put it on a chunk of sidewalk and it would taste good. I marveled at the loss these people had because they refused to try something new or different.

I have trained my daughters to be culinary adventurers. They’ll eat stuff a lot of adults won’t. They try everything because I don’t want them to miss out. New things spice up life why eat the same things over and over?
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    I always tell my guests what I am serving beforehand. Maybe none of you have ever experienced the joy of a serious allergic reaction before.

It would piss me off to no end if someone served me shellfish without a warning. It could kill me.

Post Likes
    To have an allergy is one thing to down right( I will not eat it is another)
    I will always tell em what is in it but come on some people are just
    well ignorant about taste and knowing it will not kill em is another.. I know some folks have food allergies and most will come out and say it. I find it refreshing to here some one say " What's in it?" Then I ask why they will not try it, if they say because they don't like it, well there is my point
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    We have a organization that we cook quite often for and they eat relatively good. We do have one or two that will not eat onions and I try to understand this and we compensate. I have a grand son that would like only one thing on his plate at a time so they do not touch each other. I think he is up to two items on the plate at once. He will be at our house for the weekend starting tonight so we will see if he is progressing. We have a neighbor that had lots of fish during his younger days to eat so now he does not like fish. We fix him something else, he is a very nice guy7.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    he is a very nice guy7.
    You keep count?
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Yes I have 10 fingers and I am constantly using one or the other, that is as far as I generally go.

Post Likes
    Head cheese anyone.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Head cheese anyone.
    Anyone heard of Souse (pickled Pigs Feet)?

A lot of folks will try them and say how good they are until you tell them they are pig's feet....

Post Likes
    Yep they are good with lots of beer..
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    Yep they are good with lots of beer..
    So's everything in the whole wide world.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    My wife had a hippie associate over for dinner along with some other people she was in an association with. We always have fish on Fridays during lent.

So I choose linguine w/marinara sauce and scrimp. The hippie lady was watching me cook in the kitchen. She said, "Oh, I never eat scrimp!"

I said, "Oh, I am sorry. How about if I make you up a plate with just linguine and marinara sauce?"

She said, "That would be fine."

About 2 mins later she is standing right at my elbow watching me cook. I said, "What are you doing!??!!"

She said, " I'm watching you to make sure that you don't put any scrimp in my meal. "

WTF! I verbally blasted her. My wife got her away from me real quick.

Post Likes
    What is scrimp?
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Scrimp is meat loaf with turkey in it

Meat loaf is supposed to have beef in it

Sweetie

Yup, I'm everybody who complained

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in