Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would make the guy who did that go fix it on his own time. He was already paid to install the unit correctly once. If that approach is taken then guys won't do that.
    If you didn't do it right the first time it probably makes sense that your here asking the right way to do it now

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Let the moron who installed that thing go back and move it. Sounds like our shop, always somebody elses job to fix f-ups. And then they wonder why they keep happening..
    Charge the fixing of the f-ups against their performance bonus!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Well, the moving of the unit got postponed until this Monday because it has rained buckets for the past few days, and I am not going to do it. My service manager thankfully is going to make the installer go back and fix his work.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

After they move a few they'll start giving thought to what they are doing. Good call by the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencep View Post
    I guess who ever put that in has`nt heard of the,7-p`s you know what I mean,I tell my guys about them all the time.
    The advanced class knows there are really 8 P's

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance Period

That looks like the nice install at bizm*^#h here in town. Told the girl it was to close to the home.She said it didant work well.Wonder way?

Quote Originally Posted by ct_hvac_tech View Post
    Can someone explain, what are the 7 P's?

That A/C unit looks like some company from Phoenix came to your location and installed that unit!
    WOW! It DOES look like a certain HVAC company from Sun City West, AZ came over to install that for your company!

Dude, you should have taken some video of that mess and put it up on youtube so I'm not the only one sharing the WORST XL19i installs!

goto youtube, search "hacked trane" and you will find all you need to see.

So after you got it up and running, where your pressures high? We had one that ran over 400 PSI by May last year. Another tech swapped out the fan discharge panels with XB13 fan grills to keep the pressure under 400PSI. It wasn't like the install company was going to actually RELOCATE them two XL19i's to make them operate properly, so the plain XB13 fan grills were the best that customer was gonna get to remedy the problems!!!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Let the moron who installed that thing go back and move it. Sounds like our shop, always somebody elses job to fix f-ups. And then they wonder why they keep happening..

EXACTLY!!

He'd also be wearin my boot print on his backside!!

that a pretty poor install would like to see some pictures once you are done with moving it

what an idiot!!! to be sure he is looking another job by now
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Nope. Still working here.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12