Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"I Can't Breathe!" or "Why I Love Go-backs!"

Got called out on a no a/c call today on a new unit we just installed last week. After removing one pain in the ass laticework barrier, I found this Trane unit had no refrigerant in it. Found a minor leak on the liquid line service valve at the fitting, but this is not the reason I'm posting this. First photo shows how it looks where it's at. Second and third show the clearance next to the house. Yes, that side of the unit is actually about an inch off the wall, and the plastic top is actually touching it. Guess who gets to go back tomorrow and move the unit to a better location? I can't move it to the right as there is an oil tank and I can't go left because of a huge deck. Thank God the basement's unfinished because the unit will be going on the right side of the house.

Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

wow. Ive seen some tight installs.........but that one? uh, supertight?

damn........

Yeah, if you take a look at the first pic you will notice that the lineset actually runs underneath the heat pump. They must have wired the unit up before hooking up the lineset as both screws are in the access panel and you cannot get a wrench in there between the wall and unit. Oh, and the cover that goes over the access fittings? Gone.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

correct me if I'm wrong.......but that structure wasn't built after the install........was it.

what possessed them to do THAT?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Never Time To Do It Right, But Always Time To Do It Over!

I guess who ever put that in has`nt heard of the,7-p`s you know what I mean,I tell my guys about them all the time.

I guess who ever put that in has`nt heard of the,7-p`s you know what I mean,I tell my guys about them all the time.

For those of us that have never heard of the term 7-P's. Throw them at us.
    We have probly heard of them and probly use them, but list them if ya' can for us.

Quote Originally Posted by reepersteve View Post

For those of us that have never heard of the term 7-P's. Throw them at us.
    We have probly heard of them and probly use them, but list them if ya' can for us.
    Proper- prior-planning-prevents-pi$$-poor-performance!

Let the moron who installed that thing go back and move it. Sounds like our shop, always somebody elses job to fix f-ups. And then they wonder why they keep happening..
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Thanks Law, I do beleive in the 7-P's, and I am sure there are more here that do too.

Can someone explain, what are the 7 P's?

That A/C unit looks like some company from Phoenix came to your location and installed that unit!

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Let the moron who installed that thing go back and move it. Sounds like our shop, always somebody elses job to fix f-ups. And then they wonder why they keep happening..
    They would just find something else to screw up

Quote Originally Posted by ct_hvac_tech View Post
    Can someone explain, what are the 7 P's?
    Was in a post above.. I never heard of that either.
    "Proper-prior-planning-prevents-pi$$-poor-performance!"

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Actually started a policy with service techs. You find an issue YOU fix the issue none of this "yo fred is better at that than I am!" junk. I'm guessing that didn't pass inspection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast