+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Work boot

Post Likes
    I checked my Pittsburg boots, they are made in China. That explains why they were 10$ cheaper than the Durands, and APPEAR to be more sturdy.

Post Likes
    I found these last night while searching the Internet. They have a steel toe and are slip ons. I know lots of people don't like slip ons but I tried a few pairs of slip on boots and ended up really liking them. Definitely going to give these a try. Also it seems like no matter what brand I get the leather is worn off the steel toe within a month...

Blundstone 990 slip on boots

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    On my second pair of 8" Wolverine, steel-toed Logger boots. They'll be 3 years old next month. Most comfortable, longest lasting boots I ever had. But I'm starting to think they might be the reason I fall down customer's basement steps and in their yards, lol. The heels are really tall on them, making it tricky to walk on uneven ground outside.

I have redwing loggers, took forever to break in, hurt a bit while it was doing so, its a heavy ass boot, but flipside its tough as nails,and redwing can resole them, rebuild them etc...but logger boots for service, HELL NO takes 10 min to put them on!!!!but there's a special place in my heart for those $hitkickers!!!! lol, I feel like a foot taller when I wear them and a bad mofo for some unknown reason...lol

Post Likes
    Desided to try some Redwings again. Picked up a set of 423. Great toe box. Worried about them falling apart after I read some reviews post purchase like my other set. Tried the aluminum toe and was an amazing fit on one foot. The other was cutting me bad so got the regular boot. Seems like this happens with redwings for some reason. I doubt its my foot. I don't like the way the tounge fits when laced. Will see how bad the black sole marks per some reviews. Real comfortable otherwise.

Post Likes
    Just got Helly Hansen work boots. Winter ones, 8". Most comfortable boots i have ever worn

Post Likes
    I had been wearing Chippewa boots for years until they discontinued the style i wore. I tried a few different styles and developed some pretty bad sciatica pain so no more chippewas for me. I picked up a pair of red wing model 606 and they are light, durable, comfortable and they are 100% made in USA.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I use these.... Though not hard toe like they should be. Anyone know of any zero-drop, flexible work boots?

Post Likes
    I use the Ariat Workhog steel toe boots. Sturdy, comfortable and get the job done.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Don't make the mistake of buying cabelas boots. Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rp13 View Post
    Don't make the mistake of buying cabelas boots. Lol
    Care to elaborate the reason and the model? Also why is it funny?
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    It's funny because I figured a place like cabellas would have quality work boots but they are just poorly made. The toe started wearing in less than a month and we're not used very much when I got them. It was the vented ones. Not sure of the actual name.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rp13 View Post
    It's funny because I figured a place like cabellas would have quality work boots but they are just poorly made. The toe started wearing in less than a month and we're not used very much when I got them. It was the vented ones. Not sure of the actual name.
    If they were Cabelas brand boots I think they have a lifetime warranty bring them back.
    UA Proud

Post Likes
    Update on the Keen Braddock boots I bought several months ago. I'm sad to report that after about 6 months of daily wear, I experienced an almost simultaneous failure of all four loops second up from the toe. Now I bought the slightly less expensive Braddocks at the time, not the all leather bison ones. Submitted a warranty claim through their website and waited, and waited, and waited. Over a month I checked daily and finally got an approval! $180 promo code! So, here comes round two. I ordered the top model Braddocks, the bison something blue ones straight from their sight. With free shipping, a grand total of $10.73. I loved the first pair I had up to the day they broke, at which point I made them work until I broke out the old redwings and thus started the leg and back pains again. They may have taken a while to approve the claim but I have to say they are an awesome company. I bought my original pair for like $150 from another website and they still gave me a promo code for the value on their site. With the all leather construction, all metal lacing loops, I'm hopeful this next pair is as comfortable and more durable than the first.

In short, if you spend a lot of time on your knees doing service and install work, the fabric loops do not hold up. Also found out they provide free replacement shoe strings, which I intend to take advantage of this time around.

Post Likes
    Looking to get a pair of Redwing 2230's around the end of next month, my current Danner Quarry boots are pretty rough. Anybody that has problems with their toe blowing out needs to look a tuff toe, apply when your boots are new and never have a problem with blowing out your toes again.

16. Dislikes hvac1975 disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwik99 View Post
    Greatest boots you could ever wear are these:

http://steelblue.com.au/boots-and-ac...ts/torquay-eh/

Hahaha I know, not much help to most of you, but maybe a fellow Aussie will read this :P
    Rossi boots are better

Post Likes
    Best boot I have ever worn are timberland pro helix 6". I was a welder before coming back to HVAC and I'm on my third consecutive pair with the last pair lasting me 3 yrs!

Post Likes
    I just bought a new pair of Keen Braddock Mid WP. They are made in the USA and they were comfortable right out of the box. They are light for steel toed shoes. I really like them, but I haven't had them very long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmhornback View Post
    I just bought a new pair of Keen Braddock Mid WP. They are made in the USA and they were comfortable right out of the box. They are light for steel toed shoes. I really like them, but I haven't had them very long.
    I have had mine for over a year now and they are still good
    UA Proud

Post Likes
    I wear ariat work boots. The pair I am currently wearing have lasted over two year and only paid $200 for them.

22. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in