Lexicons handled differently in embedded jaces?
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    54

    Confused Lexicons handled differently in embedded jaces?

    I'm programming a job for the School District. They have some requirements for status colors, i.e. overriden = yellow.

    I programmed the job on a softjace I had available while I waited for the jace 6 to come in. I made a lexicon that gave the proper colors for overriden values. When I overrode the output on a bacnet device it showed up as yellow. No problem. When the jace 6 came in, I loaded the station and the lexicon on the jace 6, ensured that the profile had the proper lexicon as the language. Eerything works great, except when I override an output, it comes up as the default MAGENTA. WHAT THE HECK?

    I even tried making a new lexicon with the same values, and it still comes up as magenta no matter what I do.

    Why does this work in a soft jace and not in a Jace 6?

    Am I missing something? WTF is going on here? Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    54

    Thumbs up Solution Found

    For those of you who may be interested, I finally found the solution, and it appears that there actually may indeed be a difference.

    In the beginning when I created the lexicons in the softjace, I named them either "CCSD" or "ENGLISH". These worked fine in a softjace, but the Jace-6 wasn't digging the naming convention.

    I made another lexicon and simply named it "en" and loaded that into the Jace-6, and all is well.

    Lesson learned, hopefully anyone reading this will learn from my mistake.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event