Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some good old school Guitar.

Well, I could not find the old best guitar players of all time thread, I looked back 30 pages and gave up so I'll start another one, not that Johnny was near the best, but I liked him and I found this and I thought this was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Bo2B4xJEo
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Joe Satriani

my personel fave is Zakk Wylde the guy who replaced Randy Rhodes (another fave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnrABzK4Uds

Zakk and slash going at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFrcP...eature=related
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    Joe Satriani

my personel fave is Zakk Wylde the guy who replaced Randy Rhodes (another fave)

Yea Zakk Wylde is my sons favorite also, matter fact my son is pretty good also but no zakk yet.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Steve Vai personal favorite if I was gonna name guitarist it would take all night heres a short list tho.

Eric Clapton
    Carlos Santana
    Stevie ray Vaughn
    George Harrison
    David Gilmour
    Jimmy Page
    Jimi Hendrix
    Last edited by matticus; 05-05-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: how did I forget jimi

Talking

It depends upon the style of playing you like. Eric Clapton cannot shred like Steve Vai but Steve Vai cannot get the soul out of one note the way Carlos Santanna can. Nobody surgically selects each note and plays it more precisely than David Gilmour. Nobody had bigger balls playing blues than Stevie Ray. Jimi attacked the song but technically was very sloppy.

One key for me is watching them play: most young guns either cavort on stage like they're having seizures to make up for their lack of talent or they just crank up the distortion w/ overdrive and pound your senses numb. Compare that to the more stolid Clapton, Santanna, Gimour, Beck types who rarely even look at the finger board. Carlos shows a lot of facial emotion but he doesn't have to move like Elvis to impress anyone.

For pure listening pleasure, Gilmour can remove the stress of the day and totally relax me. Clapton is playing strong now but unfortunately, he is not as creative sober and he was stoned. BTW, get his new book.

The guy who has the talent that no one ever hears has to be Jeff Beck. Watch him on Clapton's 2007 Crossroads Concert. He has that girl from South Africa playing some of the best bass you'll ever enjoy, too. Best treat on that gig, though was Steve Winwood playing guitar, esp. Mr. Fantasy. Beautiful!

To each his own.

Larry Lalonde is an incredible player that is under the radar.
    Buckethead is incredibly talented as well, but man, what a nut!

I'm the king of the air guitar

I've seen Big Head Todd many times. When Todd struts his stuff, there times you'd swear theres 2 guitars. Amazing!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

SEGOVIA # 1
    Roy Clark follwed closely or maybe he follows her Charo.
    Les Paul
    Robin Trower you can see every note in his face before it comes out of the speakers.
    Shuggie Otis
    Steve Winwood
    Rory Galagher
    I can't remeber his name but the guy that played for Focus
    Jeff Beck
    Jimmie Paige
    Hoyt Axton
    B.B. King

neal schon is a great guitar player that never got the credit he deserved,great solos,eddie van halen,srv,alex lifeson,slash,hendrix.jimmy page,some one else mentioned les paul,i dont know their names but kansas had some good guitar players,just so many great players,if you like country
    brad paisley can burn up a tele

eric johnson.....if you have never heard "cliffs of dover" you are missing something incredible.

robin trower......wow.............that brings back the memories!

no Jimmy Page? BLASPHEMY!

Alvin Lee, Bonnie Raitt, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, BB King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast