Question Air circulation without forced air

I purchased a 6 month old small, 960 sq. ft., ranch home on a full basement with baseboard heat, no forced air system. I am only going to use this home on select weekends throughout the year. Is there any way I can circulate air through the house, basement, and/or attic while it is closed up. I do not want to end up with a musty mildew smell in the house. It is bone dry at this time and I would like to keep it that way. It is located in Pennsylvania therefore have to put up with 4 seasons. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

maybe this will help?
    http://www.aircycler.com/faqs.htm

Maybe

a whole house DE-humidifier may be what you're looking for. Honeywell, Aprilaire, etc. make some fine units.

My problem is that there is no duct work in the house, I was hoping some kind of a sytem like an attic fan with blank registers in each room, therefore drawing air out of the basement. Is that a possibility?

Nick

A whole house dehumidifier, can be installed in the attic, and ducts installed to do what you want.
    The duct system for it won't be as costly as one for a central A/C system.
    It could also be installed in the basement.
    Ducts would be ran to those areas you want air moved in.
    Even with fresh air moving through the house, you could get mold when our humidity.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

you may want to just get yourself a couple box fans and place them thru out the home and run them on low and let some fresh air into the house some how will help with air movement and would be realitively inexpensive way, and also something you could do yourself.

Box fans aren't designed to run for weeks at a time. (unattended is worst yet)
    With the amount of rain we've been having the last 3 years, that method will not prevent mold.

Box fans also use the less efficient motor available.
    Contractor locator map

There are Box fans that run off a thermostat or a humistat I can't remember which one I have a couple of these fans and they work just fine. I didn't mention this yesterday but you should have some kind of duct run from your basement directly to the outside either thru a basement window or vent, kind of like a cold air return duct is and place a box fan as the base of the duct on the inside sucking the air from your basement thru the duct to the outside, along with that you will need to have a vent open in the upstairsa cracked window somewhere to allow for fresh air coming in.

Since neither of us knows where in PA this house is. Your guessing its not in the mountains, with 70+% humidity.
    Contractor locator map

There is a new small whole house house ventilating dehumidifier from Ultra-Aire and Honeywell that is made for <1,800 sqft. home. Located in the basement (avoid attic in cold climates). These units are capable of fresh air, air filtration, and circulation throughout the home. Add a small duct system with a central return from the open part of the home to the dehumidifier. A small supply to the major parts of the home are added to the dehumidifier. This unit will maintain the desired %RH regardless outside condition throughout the home including the basement. This is important during the wet weather in green grass climates to avoid musty odors. The units new small system will be available shortly from your local a/c contractors. Check thermastor.com in a couple weeks. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"