Ever heard of this fasttrack HVAC training school - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Word.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Keep it simple go to a reputable school. The 10k aint even going to get you a diploma or certificate. You want quick ferris state or penn foster.
    "Here in Carolina We Get-R-Done"

Word up.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

As an employer I've had a couple of experiences with CTI trained prospective employees. First one couldn't tell me the first thing about superheat. second one no show no called on the interview.

However, I'll continue to interview the graduates whenever possible because anyone who is willing to invest that much money (is it really 10 G's? The CTI Rep told me it was 7) into a school is SERIOUS about working in the industry.

I feel that my biggest challange as an employer is finding someone that will show up day in and day out and try.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithFromGA View Post
    Hey, I'm looking to get into HVAC with my site set on becoming a residential HVAC technician and have been searching for training facilities. I ran across this school thats located in Huntsville ,Ala. and was thinking would it be worth it to pay them the 10,000 dollars that they are going to charge for the very fast 30 day training that they have. http://www.refrigerationusa.com/Home.aspx?vendorId=1 , I would really like to find a few people that went through this place and see if it panned out well for them. They claim on their site that their "quickly trained" graduates have jobs waiting on them when they get back to their home cities (they set up interviews with HVAC companies while they're training you). They also claim the average pay their grads earn upon leaving their school is $14 per hr. but vary between $10 to $18 per hr. depending upon what state/region that they live in. I just don't want to get conned, I'm about to sell my house in GA and then move to Colorado and I want to start my life over again in a new state and in a new field with a clean slate. I am willing to dedicate 100% to learning/working and I am 31 yrs. old , my main thought is- that this Career Training Institute in Huntsville,Ala. is just too good to be true. Any suggestions?
    Check this out:

http://www.ferris.edu/cot/hvacr/
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Whew...

I am SO glad I Google searched this school and found this forum. Really thankful places like this exist. I was about to enroll in this school, and decided to do a little sleuthing. Now I know, while not a 'scam,' per se, it's probably not the best bet?

I am very interereted in this field, and need to know where to start. Can some of you HVAC/R lifers check this school below out and let me know if this is worth doing?

http://www.murfreesboro.tec.tn.us/hvac-r.htm

I want a degree, but even more, I want a legitimate education on HVAC so I know what I'm doing out in the field. There is a waiting list for this school (which is about eight miles from where I live) and it seems like a lot more of a time investment than the '28 days' school.

OR...should I just not bother with formal education and look for a local company that does OJT?

Please help! Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123