Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ever heard of this fasttrack HVAC training school

Hey, I'm looking to get into HVAC with my site set on becoming a residential HVAC technician and have been searching for training facilities. I ran across this school thats located in Huntsville ,Ala. and was thinking would it be worth it to pay them the 10,000 dollars that they are going to charge for the very fast 30 day training that they have. http://www.refrigerationusa.com/Home.aspx?vendorId=1 , I would really like to find a few people that went through this place and see if it panned out well for them. They claim on their site that their "quickly trained" graduates have jobs waiting on them when they get back to their home cities (they set up interviews with HVAC companies while they're training you). They also claim the average pay their grads earn upon leaving their school is $14 per hr. but vary between $10 to $18 per hr. depending upon what state/region that they live in. I just don't want to get conned, I'm about to sell my house in GA and then move to Colorado and I want to start my life over again in a new state and in a new field with a clean slate. I am willing to dedicate 100% to learning/working and I am 31 yrs. old , my main thought is- that this Career Training Institute in Huntsville,Ala. is just too good to be true. Any suggestions?

Think about this, 30 days. most trainning programs take 2 years or five years from the local union hall. How can you learn a broad of knowledge in 30 days.

Hey KeithfromGA,

my basic air conditioning and refrigeration school took 750 hours and that was just enough to get me started. Ten thousand for 30 days seems steep in price and short in training.

I have a bridge down here real CHEAP......I will sell you,.......They call It "FAST TRACK TO EMPTY MY BANK ACCOUNT"...If It Is that easy...Every one would It!!..
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

assuminng that you are one of those poeple that can absorb every ounce of literature thrown at you, you might leave with some pretty good book smarts. but unfortunately you'll learn that the principals are pretty much worthless until you have a solid grasp on application. which in my experiance there is only one way to attain. EXPERIANCE!!!!! save your money, and find a program that gives you time in the field as you're learning the technical aspect.

sounds like a scam

30 days. it will take you that long to have a good understanding of the basic refer cycle. and what kinds of equipment theie is out there. plus it will take a long time to under stand basic electricity and plumbing and sheet metal work. just sounds toooo good. But if they said they could get u ready to be an entry level helper in 30 days thats sounds like doable.
    HAPPY TO SEE YOU ARE INTRESTED IN THE TRADE , be careful of the scam schools out there and this site is a great resource for training schools. the members on here will give you great advice and honest opinions

good luck

1Ok for 30 days of training ? what a joke if I were you keith keep your 10K and look for a job at a local contractor as a helper and make sure that they will send you to a 4 years hvac apprentice program like ACCA's, most helper will get pay around $12, for most company you MUST be a good employee for them to send you to school some might require you to sign contract to stay with them few years after you finish school. learn on job during the day go to school in the evening this is the best way to go you will probably learn more on the job than in classroom.

DON'T WASTE YOUR 10K FOR 30 DAYS TRAINING !!!

Everyone tries giving you the impresson that universal certification means you know what your doing........ kinda sad that so many probably fall for that

keep your money.

There's no way a brain can absorb this entire field in 30 days. I don't care if someone had a 180IQ, I just don't think it's possible.

As others said, the best training is 'hands on' and do a few hours of classroom in the evenings.

There's quite a bit to understand in this trade and it takes time for things learned to stick. A crash course might burn you out before you ever get started.

31 years old really isn't a late start to this trade. I know guys that started into this biz when they were in they're 40's, and they made themselves a decent living.

MOST importantly, it takes a certain amount of mechanical aptitude to succeed. If you consider yourself to be this type of person, then jump on in.

Save the 10K cuz your going to need it for tools, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithFromGA View Post
    Hey, I'm looking to get into HVAC with my site set on becoming a residential HVAC technician and have been searching for training facilities. I ran across this school thats located in Huntsville ,Ala. and was thinking would it be worth it to pay them the 10,000 dollars that they are going to charge for the very fast 30 day training that they have. http://www.refrigerationusa.com/Home.aspx?vendorId=1 , I would really like to find a few people that went through this place and see if it panned out well for them. They claim on their site that their "quickly trained" graduates have jobs waiting on them when they get back to their home cities (they set up interviews with HVAC companies while they're training you). They also claim the average pay their grads earn upon leaving their school is $14 per hr. but vary between $10 to $18 per hr. depending upon what state/region that they live in. I just don't want to get conned, I'm about to sell my house in GA and then move to Colorado and I want to start my life over again in a new state and in a new field with a clean slate. I am willing to dedicate 100% to learning/working and I am 31 yrs. old , my main thought is- that this Career Training Institute in Huntsville,Ala. is just too good to be true. Any suggestions?
    Nope no way no how Not possible. Most take more than 30 days to understand the refrigeration process properly. Yes you can easily earn 10-18 per hour upon graduating a reputable school. I would bet they spend 30 days to get you e.p.a. certified and find you a job in an apprentice program. Than you still have lots of school time in front of you. I have been in field for 13 years and still have school every year as I am sure most pros here do, thats just to keep up with the changes its part of what keeps this field so interesting. Good luck, you have probably made the best decision in asking about this on this site these guys are good and wont mislead you.
    "It's always controls"

Oh btw also 31 years old good luck in your new adventure that is a brave move, gotta be scary, make sure you are dedicated and read as much of the posts on this site as you can so you dont find your work on the wall of shame.
    "It's always controls"

25 yrs in the business and still learn something new everyday.still take classes too. save your $$$ and get a job with a company that stresses training.

I'll make you a deal. You can pay me half that, and I'll give you "on the job" training. If you pass, you can then take my advanced course for $10k for 30 days. We will cover: hole drilling 101, junk haulin', and parts runnin'. For a limited time only. CALL NOW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast