Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier 19dk chiller

Can anyone help me find a Carrier 19DK Chiller Tear down guide?

teardown manual

your a new member and your asking for a teardown manual on this site your in for it! there gonna eat you alive

I was on this site most of the afternoon yesterday. It is a variety of personalities. It seemed like there were alot people out there helping each other and then some whiners.
    I'm not a tech, I'm just a service manager trying to get some help for one of my tech's. I would have taken whatever you had to hand out for alittle help.

Being new to the site doesn't necessarily mean new to the industry. Some might forget that.

I went through the first half of their course, when offered on the west coast but didn't get one. Have you gone to the source? I'd guess it might be kinda big for an e-mail. But if someone here does, I'm sure they'd be glad to help.
    I'll ask in the pro section for you.

Thank you. We don't work on many chillers and my tech has done a few tear downs, but it was quite awhile ago. I have been on every websight I could find. I have found bits and pieces only. I have even called a few other companies that I know have much more experience with this. Most of there tech's do them so often that they don't need the manual anymore. So they are all digging in the archives for me. We are doing this job next week, so any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a low pressure recovery machine?
    Do you have dial indicator, mics and so on?
    If you dont normally do this are you properly set up with rigging equipment?
    You need to send your guys to school to learn how to do this.

I have all the tools, equipment and rigging set up. My techs sometimes laugh at me cause they are all seasoned techs and I'm the new kid on the block. I do beg, borrow and sell my soul for them, as I am doing now. I have every confidence that they can do this job. I'm just trying to get every piece of info for them and I myself get to learn as much as I can. They do go to courses all the time. We don't have much call for this. Off the top of my head I think we only have two maybe three customers that we maintain, Punch tubes and etc for chillers.

Have your techs. torn down a 19D series Carrier before? 19D through 19DK pretty much are all the same idea. Once you've done some, you should be able to do the others with the drawing and tolerances given in the I.O.M. for that machine. ( with the exception of 19DM) The I.O.M. manuals are down loadable from Carrier.com. literature. If they have never done a 19D series, they really need to work with a mechanic with experience. Just too many little tricks that aren't covered in the manuals. Especially setting the spacing between the "wheel" and shroud. Too much gap, you loose "lift". Too tight and the "wheel" rubs and you got a melt down on your hands.

(Sounds like maybe your techs. are playing with you a little??????)
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Yes my techs have done this before, as I said before it was many years ago. I got the I.O.M manual. I called Carrier training center today. Hopefully the teacher will confirm that my tech's went to the class and sends me what I need. As for the techs playing with me, that happens all the time. What goes around comes around. We have alot of fun. So if anyone out there has a tear down manual I'd be happy if someone electronically emailed me. Just covering all my bases. And thanx to all who helped me here.

I have the wheel spacing procedure if you need it.

Confused Are you kidding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Relaygirl View Post
    Can anyone help me find a Carrier 19DK Chiller Tear down guide?
    No offense, but if you or your co-workers have never performed, never helped or never watched even, a 19DK compressor overhaul, you have no business convincing or charging the customer for expert services. At the very least, you could use the "tear down guide", successfully disassemble and reassemble the machine, push the button and watch it self-destruct. At the very worst, you could improperly rig (not all is covered in the "tear down guide") the compressor and drop it on an appendage. I've twice seen novice tech's slide-back the comp-motor assembly without supporting the back or removing the stator. Once clear of the housing it flipped backwards. I've seen people install the gearset backwards on the shafts (they will fit and they will run that way....... for a while). Which way do you turn that impellar retaining nut anyway? "I only heated the impellar a little, I don't know why it cracked." Hope this helps.

Not to send a message of discouragement but i recently did a teardown on a 19xl because the people that just did it before me screwed up the impeller spacing to the shroud and it wiped the impeller, and the people that did it were seasoned trane vets that only work on trane chillers but are no strangers to doing overhauls. I'm not trying to bad mouth your men, just want to let you know that if your not 100% sure then you might wanna walk away before you cost yourself money and aggravation. In the mean time ill scan that procedure into my computer if you want it.

Just out of curiosity what is the reason for the teardown?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast