Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On Call

On Call

So how does your company compensate you for being on call?
    My company does not pay you any extra for being on call. They do pay a min. of 2 hours if I get called out. But no on call bonus or anything else. So how about your company? (Im on call every 3 weeks)

We get $572 a week which is 13 hours pay. 1 hour for weekdays, 4 hours on weekends or holidays. If we go out we don't get it as long as the hours you work cover the on call time for that day. If we don't go out we get it. On call twice a year here, we only have on call for the chiller guys between Memorial and Labor Days.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

we get overtime pay, if it pushes us past 40 last co paid all on call overtime and we get a 20 dollar spiff for every call we run, no matter the circumstance, call back or new customer another local co pays 50 bucks for every on call run!!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

We are guaranteed overtime on all "on call" calls, because we are paid for 40 hours for our "regular time". Occasionally, we get to go home early during the week, but still get paid at least 40 hours. We get an additional $50 for being on call for a weekend, regardless of wether or not we get any calls. Nothing for a weeknite. We are currently on a "every 5th weekend" rotation, and one nite per week.

Please keep them coming. My boss has started to whine about paying a min. of 2 hrs on a call out, So I need so ammo to come back at him on what other company's do.

Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    Please keep them coming. My boss has started to whine about paying a min. of 2 hrs on a call out, So I need so ammo to come back at him on what other company's do.
    Well if they are short jobs, then he can just carry the pager himself. You know, since there is no inconvenience of being on call.

Two hour minimum is the minimum he should be doing.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

We go on call from Friday at 5 to Friday at 5. We get 100 for the week and all calls are overtime pay. Call is every fifth week

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    We get $572 a week which is 13 hours pay. 1 hour for weekdays, 4 hours on weekends or holidays. If we go out we don't get it as long as the hours you work cover the on call time for that day. If we don't go out we get it. On call twice a year here, we only have on call for the chiller guys between Memorial and Labor Days.
    Damn! That's pretty good deal. I'm impressed, the companys I've worked for don't have anything on that.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

on call

we go on call from wed to wed, If we receive no calls that week we receive an extra 4 hours in our check for that week, If we do receive calls anything between the hours of 11pm and 6am are double time, sunday calls are double time, saturday calls are time and a half, and anything else is time and a half..We also receive overtime for any hours over 8 hours per day..we dont do the whole anything over 40 deal...

My on-call rotates between four guys.you get paid from the time you leave your home till the time you return, at time and a half.

We have a eight man rotation for on call. Once every 8 days. $25 for being on call during the week, 1 1/2 till midnight and 2X from midnight till 8:00am. One hour minimum on every call out. Weekends is $30 for being on call and 1 1/2 on Saturday from 8:00am to midnight and 2X after till 8:00am Sunday. Sunday is 2X from 8:00am Sunday to 8:00am Monday. Same goes for Statutory Holidays $30 plus 2X.

Peter

We get 100 dollars for the week of being on call. And everything is time and a half.

4 man rotation right now until the greenhorn gets trained.

I wish we could do the on call thing once every five days, but our answering service is so stupid! They can't even switch the weeks right, we have just been handing of the pagers if we want to change weeks with someone else.

We get 8hrs week for on call and any call outs are double time door to door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast