Thread: System Options

System Options

Out of curiosity do any of the other systems out there offer pre programmed systems of the sort that Trane offer's. Such As Chiller Plant Manager, VAS, Area control, Night Economizer, Static Pressure Optimization, ASHRAE Ventilation Reset.

I know that 3 years ago JCI, TAC and Honeywell did not and was curious if there was anyone else.

I have noticed through the years that as you look at a standard building programming setup there is not a nice turnkey program for setting up RTU/AHU VAV like VAS does. The options that Trane puts together for these systems I think make jobs consistent and efficient.

Please dont make it a bash fest on all manufactures, I just like to know what the others do to increase the efficiency and make these systems come together.

Thanks
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.

I work almost exclusively with Trane equipment and I have no clue what you are talking about. Are these 'systems' all inherent to Summit? Are they available through equipment sales or only controls sales? My guess is it is strictly controls which means it's locked up tighter than a crab's a** around here.

It is done by actually programming the system. Does it always get done? No!

Should it? yes.

Trane has some cool and easy turnkey strategy's if your building is top to bottom trane everywhere/everything.

That being said , I have seen a plenty of bastardized summit buildings as well.

So as ussual, it boils down to the Techs and the engineering put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jslimjeff View Post
    Out of curiosity do any of the other systems out there offer pre programmed systems of the sort that Trane offer's. Such As Chiller Plant Manager, VAS, Area control, Night Economizer, Static Pressure Optimization, ASHRAE Ventilation Reset.

I know that 3 years ago JCI, TAC and Honeywell did not and was curious if there was anyone else.

I have noticed through the years that as you look at a standard building programming setup there is not a nice turnkey program for setting up RTU/AHU VAV like VAS does. The options that Trane puts together for these systems I think make jobs consistent and efficient.

Please dont make it a bash fest on all manufactures, I just like to know what the others do to increase the efficiency and make these systems come together.

Thanks
    Is it ok just to bash Trane?

Is this some sort of Trane sales pitch posting? It kind of sounds like it to me.

ditto dapper & freddy

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    I work almost exclusively with Trane equipment and I have no clue what you are talking about. Are these 'systems' all inherent to Summit? Are they available through equipment sales or only controls sales? My guess is it is strictly controls which means it's locked up tighter than a crab's a** around here.
    Easy now.

TAC Vista line is not doing it. I thought Carrier stared doing it?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Easy now.

TAC Vista line is not doing it. I thought Carrier stared doing it?
    Carrier has been doing preprogrammed VAV control like you stated at least since early 90's, the older TSM/TCU had it. Carrier calls it linkage versus VAS. The VAV's are preprogrammed to work with Carrier units with PIC's. They will do Night Time Free Cooling, Static Pressure Reset, ASHRAE Ventilation, Optimal Start/Stop, etc.

They have also had a Chiller Plant Manager for at least 10yrs. They call it a Chiller Supervisor Module is capable of 8 chillers with Load Balancing, Setpoint Reset, Stand-By, Load Shed, Capacity Control, etc.

I worked on both Trane & Carrier systems and like both, each has plus & minus to the other. On a VAV system, both will yeild the same operation. It is easier and quicker for me to setup a turnkey operation on Carrier than it is with Trane. Trane use a BCU to hold all the programming, which you need to setup and define. Carrier already has everything programmed in the devices and all you need to do is enable the functions and define parameters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Hey thanks for the input on the Carrier system. That is one system I have not worked with much so it is good to know. I have just heard that York and JCI has come out with a new VAV application with color touchscreen and MSTP Bacnet has anyone used that yet?
    I am not using this as a sales pitch I was trying to learn what other manufactures offer systems to standardize everyday operations of HVAC systems.
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.