Tracer GSM wirless modem

I have current BCU image 17.36 and have followed instruction as per Trane manual 3270 3432c with out success tested modem using hyper terminal found modem working fine.Unabled to get BCU to send SMS has any one had simlar problems setting these up NOTE: i am located in Aus

I have heard that the GSM is only supported in Europe for the BMTX. Therefore I am unsure how much help I can be. Are you able to connect to the BCU with the modem or can you not connect or send alerts?
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.

Confused GSM Wireless Modem

Hi Jeff,
    The problem is we cannot get the BMTX to transmit a system alarm to a service company’s mobile phone via the GSM wireless modem. We are not looking to dial in at this stage.
    I hear what you are saying about being only Europe specific; the Trane installation instruction sheet is from Epinal France, so could very well be Eurospecific.
    Cheers

But does the modem work for the dial in portion. This may help to identify if the modem is not working at all.
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.

We will give it a try, and see what happens.

Hi Jeff,
    we solved the problem with the GSM modem it seemed that the default strings in tracer were incorrect we have corrected and tested all is ok