I installed a basement watchdog ( battery powered ) 1 month ago and the damn battery took a **** on me. The sulfer was so bad that we could not even be in the house. At first I did not know exactly what the smell was because it was so vague throughout the house. The smell led me to our utility room and as soon as I opened the door, the smell almost knocked me down it was so bad. To top it off, the furnace kicked on and the whole house was unbearable. We called the fire department and what they found was the watchdog battery cooking because the charger never stopped charging the battery. 1 month, that's all it took. We took the whole system back to Home Depot and they said that they have been having problems with these systems. Obviously I am not going back the watchdog so my question is, does anyone know a real good brand to choose from. One that is reliable and not choke in 1 month. Any information would be absolutely appreciated. Thanks.