Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

YouTube impact on HVAC

What's everyone's thoughts on the DIY videos impacts? And the industries trades men that post them.

Post Likes
    the people that post dangerous DIY videos on Utube aren't tradesmen, they're hacks and a danger to society. they should be forcefully sterilized via a horse and rope. the people that follow their videos wont need it, they'll be dead.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

3. Likes JohninJoliet, HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    The videos on You Tube are as varied as the people of the world are. Some videos are top notch, other videos are a painful waste of time.

If you are trying to ask if we think they cut into our business any, my guess would be not enough to notice. And that's only a guess. My reasoning is as follows . . . There have always been and always will be DIY's, and they will find a way to do things themselves. I am one of those guys, meaning, ever since about the fifth grade, my parents never needed to call for a plumber, electrician, painter, sheet rock guy, etc. Probably why this trade came so easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap2 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the DIY videos impacts? And the industries trades men that post them.

5. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    the people that post dangerous DIY videos on Utube aren't tradesmen, they're hacks and a danger to society. they should be forcefully sterilized via a horse and rope. the people that follow their videos wont need it, they'll be dead.
    It's one way to weed out the stupid and the poor
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    I'm watching one now. He is cleaning the soot out of a Scotch Marine oil boiler and showing how he changes the bags in his soot vac. I have no idea why I'm enjoying watching someone vacuum up soot but it's a really nice boiler.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    The videos on You Tube are as varied as the people of the world are. Some videos are top notch, other videos are a painful waste of time.

If you are trying to ask if we think they cut into our business any, my guess would be not enough to notice. And that's only a guess. My reasoning is as follows . . . There have always been and always will be DIY's, and they will find a way to do things themselves. I am one of those guys, meaning, ever since about the fifth grade, my parents never needed to call for a plumber, electrician, painter, sheet rock guy, etc. Probably why this trade came so easy for me.
    Absolutely agree. The bad part is the average DIYer has no baseline to tell if the video is great knowledge or a load of crap. If they would do their homework they could weed out the crap info before their equipment turned into a mess of a failed experiment.
    Look at Roland's video, someone could have seen that and thought it was great information.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Look at Roland's video, someone could have seen that and thought it was great information.
    Now im missing my hand, half my arm, and my family heirloom chopstick

i think i'll sue YouBoob
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I really liked the one where the guy steals R134 for his sandwich unit from a pepsi cooler and then calls pepsi to come and recharge his pepsi cooler because it wasn't keeping temp. Not a lot of integrity.

11. Likes tmt liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CleterD View Post
    I'm watching one now. He is cleaning the soot out of a Scotch Marine oil boiler and showing how he changes the bags in his soot vac. I have no idea why I'm enjoying watching someone vacuum up soot but it's a really nice boiler.
    because it isn't you, lol.

Post Likes
    Lytning, you are talking about Harry Dickson. All his videos are spoofs. I remember seeing that and I took it literally the first time I watched it. As far as videos, I like watching them pwrsonally. But we all know what is bs and not. As far as the idiot diyer, not so much. I don't think it hurts the trade one bit. After all, we get a bigger repair when they screw it all up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

14. Likes lions_lair, socotech, tmt liked this post
    Post Likes
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuntrybumm View Post
    Lytning, you are talking about Harry Dickson. All his videos are spoofs. I remember seeing that and I took it literally the first time I watched it. As far as videos, I like watching them pwrsonally. But we all know what is bs and not. As far as the idiot diyer, not so much. I don't think it hurts the trade one bit. After all, we get a bigger repair when they screw it all up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    There aint none....... I remember pre internet people trying...lol...... to work on their own stuff..... you tube or not is not going to change it...... Biggest internet thing I have seen is when billing someone and they tell you they can get that 179.00 motor off the net for 59.00.....

Had 2 folks pull that out on me this week.....

Looks like Fritz has been bullied out of the you tube biz...... sad.... I liked his long videos..... but anyhow.... I dont see how anyone could follow any of the videos out there to repair something........ I mean.... look at them now...... fancy intros and outros that eat up 50 percent of the video time...... and the main content usually consists of walking up to the unit and then some guy in his truck after he has left the job explaining what he did..

I'll tell ya what though....... If folks want to clean their own coils.....more power to them...... I get sick of having to drag out the brush and the vacuum and cleaning those nasty things all because someone is too damn sorry to change their filter or have their leaky ass ductwork repaired....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    What is this rolands video.... someone post a link.

Oh...BTW... one of those hvac folks...... that zach guy who also has that channel name of talyn with some numbers behind it.... evidently he had a house fire and they are taking up money for him.. probably T@N Services.... IsraelHVAC..... the real one....lol.... Steve lav...... probably all got links to where you could send some cash....

Talyn 875 is the guy...... if you want to help
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast