Who makes Gibson furnaces

my one dealer said they like Gibson furnaces, I never heard of them, how do they rank with the big boys ?

Quote Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
    my one dealer said they like Gibson furnaces, I never heard of them, how do they rank with the big boys ?
    The Gibson trademark is licensed by Nordyne, I have never install one of there gas furnaces,
    but plenty of there Air Handlers and the Air Handlers are pretty good.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

We've installed the KG6TE 95% 2 stage variable speed. About on par with any of them other than those like the Infinity or more than 2 stages. Pretty easy to work on. All new line coming soon, the KG7 series, shorties.

baldie, would that model be more price competitive than the other brands ? Is it still a case of you get what you pay for ?

Yes, and the price of the equipment is similar enough that you need to focus on the actuall installtion and system design. Focus on what your concerns are, what you expect etc. If you need to keep alergens down, no furnace in and of itself can do that, the contractor can recommend IAQ solutions. If you have humidity issues, he should select the equipment that he is comfortable with and provide the ability to control humidity. If you want a box that blows warm air, they all do that. (some better than others, but they all do that.)

We do get a good price on it. Only diff between the Gibson and Tappan is blower compartment insulation. That's worth a couple of big bills more? 10 year parts warranty, dehumidify on demand capability, blower ramp up option (ala Comfort R), easy to work on, quiet...

Many people spend the extra on A-S Freedom 95 but there are some who want to save a buck and we prefer this furnace to other low end brands.

I just picked up a Gibson 80% for my parents cabin in Big bear,Ca. Looks like a pretty decent unit, we'll see how it does once it is installed. A few people I know here with some of Nordynes packaged products have been very pleased with them as well.

you get a lot of bang for your buck with nordyne products.weve installed hundreds of them over the years. very few problems.