Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    I cant view it, send me a pm with the info, dont wanna get off topic on the thread.
    well, it's his thread and he changed the subject... so ramble on

the d-tek select is my weapon of choice

iceman brings up a very good point, a good flashlight can help you find those oily spots real easily as well
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    well, it's his thread and he changed the subject... so ramble on

the d-tek select is my weapon of choice

iceman brings up a very good point, a good flashlight can help you find those oily spots real easily as well
    LOL, oops failed to see that. Ive been told about for that before, i believe the person had beach in their name
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    LOL, oops failed to see that. Ive been told about for that before, i believe the person had beach in their name
    yup, it was me, but it wasn't the OP that changed the topic

i just try to respect peoples threads if i can. sometimes after the OP has gotten his answer and the thread side tracks, i will continue instead of making a useless thread about shop talk

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    yup, it was me, but it wasn't the OP that changed the topic

i just try to respect peoples threads if i can. sometimes after the OP has gotten his answer and the thread side tracks, i will continue instead of making a useless thread about shop talk
    LOL, i hear ya, just bustin balls

I'm looking for advice...been reading the threads regarding manifolds. I can totally relate to the problems with Digi-Cool units. What are the three (3) primary specifications to evaluate when looking to purchase. I am looking to purchase 8-10 new manifolds for my crews and have not had tremendous success with anything recently.

My crews, like most, work outdoors 98% of the time, are tough on equipment (accidental drops, wet, stored in truck storage boxes, hang in the van, etc)...nothing out of the ordinary.

What specs should I pay most attention to and what units do you suggest and why?

Quote Originally Posted by tgauger View Post
    I'm looking for advice...been reading the threads regarding manifolds. I can totally relate to the problems with Digi-Cool units. What are the three (3) primary specifications to evaluate when looking to purchase. I am looking to purchase 8-10 new manifolds for my crews and have not had tremendous success with anything recently.

My crews, like most, work outdoors 98% of the time, are tough on equipment (accidental drops, wet, stored in truck storage boxes, hang in the van, etc)...nothing out of the ordinary.

What specs should I pay most attention to and what units do you suggest and why?
    Idk if you are lookin for difital or analog, but imo its personal preference. I like a good set of two port gauges, i have a set of JB and love them. As for 4ports, i would buy the imperials, they are made well, i plan on purchasing a set in the next couple weeks. Yellow jacket is not bad either, the four port Brute 2 is heavy, but the titan is nice. I aslo have a set of NRP two ports. Ive used a lot of diff company gauges, it just all depends on the feel. Imo i could not bring myself to spend almost a grand on a set of gauges, but they are nice to have.

the 1600 dont have the button to change the update speed from 1 to 5 secs...

what is the default for these?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Frankly...looking at digitals (the guys find them easier to read) as well as analog units.

Digital units seem to be a bit fragile for most environs...and I find most all anaologs are created equal unless someone can tell me differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    the 1600 dont have the button to change the update speed from 1 to 5 secs...

what is the default for these?
    1 second numbers and bar graph is 0.25 second
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Frankly...looking at digitals (the guys find them easier to read) as well as analog units.

Digital units seem to be a bit fragile for most environs...and I find most all anaologs are created equal unless someone can tell me differently.
    A Good Digital set is tougher in any environment
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

The Digi-Cool is about the best all round and they and get soaking and take a beating. I drop mine on the Concert from about 3 ft and not a scratch.

I never tried the Matercool but have'nt heard much good about them
    If you help others then you are a Success

there aren't any problems with the digi-cool gauges

well, price if that's a problem. i paid for mine and am getting ready to pay again because they're that great.

This is my latest rig.
    1600 with a blue boot mounted on an Imperial 600 series manifold.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast