Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    if you paid 500 plus for those mastercools, its no wonder you call'em junk. you paid entirely too much money for them lol

they usually go for 320-350 @ at local supply house.

but i wouldn't buy them even at 245, i have seen them for that little
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Currently: Denver Colorado area, Previously: East Coast to West Coast + many cities in between.
    Just For Fun . . .

I may be repeating your Mastercool digital manifold experience.

As in a previous messsage in this thread I did the RMA thing and they sent me a new manifold after a month and after an address mix up at their end.

When I tuned on the replacement manifold there were problems. Here is the word I got from Mastercool tech . . .

"Alex
    Send it back it has a bad key pad along with bad connection wire."

So here we go again. I'm asking them to test the manifold they send me the second time so I don't continue to be their testing department.

Quote Originally Posted by Just4funpb View Post
    I sometimes start 40 ac's a day here in springfield. We install a lot of ac's in apartments. When I am starting 6 units at a time, I need gauges that are very reliable and dependable. When the 99772 quit the first time it was not a rain storm but a very light shower, just enough to settle the dust. The next time I was on a emergeceny call late at night and the high side sensor failed and does not read any pressure. If I cannot hang them in the back of the van with my Digicools and I must "baby" them. then it is a piece of junk!!!! If I pay $500 plus for a set of gauges then I expect for them to be able to take abuse. This is a piece of equipment that is 99.9% of the time used outdoors. I am not into having a gadget that the only reason I bought it was to show off to my heating and air friends. I make a living with my mind and tools and if that tool does not live up to standards then it is a PIECE OF JUNK!!! Digicools have been hanging in the van for the last year and a half. Digicools are made to military specs. I have seen pics of digicools dropped 2 stories and run over by a truck and still worked. Mastercool service may reply quickly but I kept hearing that "oh sorry but we will ship them today" for three weeks after the unit had been there for 6 weeks. There is a reason Mastercool provides you a case for them, they expect you to use them under ideal conditions and once in a while, not hang on the rack like your other gauges. It will be the last time I buy a Mastercool anything!!!
    Alex

I do keep my Mastercools in the carrying case that was provided but that is true of all my tools that have cases it's just easier for me to stay organized that way. I use mine everyday and it sounds like I'm the only one out there that has any success with them and likes them. I paid about $300 and so far that has been money well spent.....good luck to the rest of you. I have checked them against my YJ analogs and they both get the same readings. Same with the micron coupling checked it against the CPS 200 I have and the readings do agree......I'm just a lucky guy I guess.

I purchased a set of the Mastercools this spring and used them through the seasonn and did not expeince any problems. although I coved them when using them in the rain. They seem to have been a good purchase and accuracy is good. I have them hanging along with the analogs in the van with out problems. I want to move up to Digi-cools. But these have worked on a budget. From what OP have written I must be lucky with them.
    Plates5

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long
    after the sweetness of low price is forgoten."
    John Preston

Mastercool Tester/User here as well... I just sent out for my sixth one because the previous 5 all had various issues. Vacuum readings, High Side not reading, Low Side not reading. This last one was good for a while, and now it will not even turn on. So, I'm getting my last one and will continue to trade them in until the warranty is up, and then wait for the new Yellow Jacket I heard about in September to come out. If I were me again, I would stay clear from this product. It is cheap though.
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Currently: Denver Colorado area, Previously: East Coast to West Coast + many cities in between.
    BeckMech . . .

Go here for a well thought of digital gauge set. The 1250 is what I'll be purchasing for our 2009 A/C season. http://digi-cool.com/

You might also do a search here on HVAC-Talk as there are several threads on the subject of digital manifolds including the DigiCool.

Quote Originally Posted by beckmech View Post
    Mastercool Tester/User here as well... I just sent out for my sixth one because the previous 5 all had various issues. Vacuum readings, High Side not reading, Low Side not reading. This last one was good for a while, and now it will not even turn on. So, I'm getting my last one and will continue to trade them in until the warranty is up, and then wait for the new Yellow Jacket I heard about in September to come out. If I were me again, I would stay clear from this product. It is cheap though.
    Alex

well look who is promoting digi cools

lol

where's iceman at???
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

HOLY S#$% those things are a lil pricy lol
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Smile

Hi . . . KLEINman . . .

I just bought a pair of KLEIN offset snips and I really like them . . . good stuff.

Are you an expert refrigerant leak finder? I'm looking for all the help and tips I can get as I have trouble finding leaks. It seems to be very time consuming.

What is/are your favorite leak detectors?

What techniques to you use to find leaks, even small ones, fast?

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    HOLY S#$% those things are a lil pricy lol
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post

A bright bright flash light always helps me

and it is always time consuming if you're doing a good job
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Hi . . . KLEINman . . .

I just bought a pair of KLEIN offset snips and I really like them . . . good stuff.

Are you an expert refrigerant leak finder? I'm looking for all the help and tips I can get as I have trouble finding leaks. It seems to be very time consuming.

What is/are your favorite leak detectors?

Nice purchase, i will be getiing some soon too. As for checking leaks i am in no way an expert, but i would recommend either this leak detector, ive used this in work with really good results.http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...1449775&ref=GB

Or i just use the old standby, soap bubbles lol.

IMO i will never use dye, i believe that it is not good at all for the compressor or the system, a guy that used to work for us loved the stuff, every sight glass was green that he worked on lol.

Smile

KLEINman . . .

Yes! . . . I've heard good things about the Inficon leak finder.

You might find these documents of interest re: Leak finding . . .

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/458200/Le...t%20Leak...pdf

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/458200/Le...Big%20Blue.pdf

Let me know if you can't see the above files as I'm pretty new at using getdropbox.com

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    Nice purchase, i will be getiing some soon too. As for checking leaks i am in no way an expert, but i would recommend either this leak detector, ive used this in work with really good results.http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...1449775&ref=GB

Or i just use the old standby, soap bubbles lol.

IMO i will never use dye, i believe that it is not good at all for the compressor or the system, a guy that used to work for us loved the stuff, every sight glass was green that he worked on lol.
    Last edited by alexw; 01-11-2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Corrected links to getdropbox.com files
    Alex

KLEINman . . .

Yes! . . . I've heard good things about the Inficon leak finder.

You might find these documents of interest re: Leak finding . . .

https://dl-web.getdropbox.com/get/PD...pdf?w=8a24337f

https://dl-web.getdropbox.com/get/PD...pdf?w=5dfcac3d

Let me know if you can't see the above files as I'm pretty new at using getdropbox.com

I cant view it, send me a pm with the info, dont wanna get off topic on the thread.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast