Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yel', your pissing up a rope. The reason we post here is because of the sh!tty things we see day in and day out. A way we can vent and a way for others to see how not to do things.
    Yes, Payson could very easily remove the door, but giving that it was recently installed and the door was probably there at that time. Consideration should have been taken.
    You sound like some of the Gaborone's that have met in my past company experiences and of course did not last. You know the saying, " Throw it in and we will work with it next time."
    Your going to run around thinking this til' it cost you a sh!t load of money and a lot of time. Then hopefully you will change your tune. Yah, you can do mods every time you go there but the customer has to pay for the extra time you spent there, and on top of that your company has created that burden.
    Now, think about how much of a businessman you are and how much you are taking from the guy when that extra time is taken to take off that door. When the screws get stripped out from beating on the hinges twice a year, are you going to be the good guy and replace them for free too.
    Don't be a schmuck. There is a reason this post is here. HATER

if the company you guys work for that keep ragging on the salesman are that crappy than find a new company or move up. I sell with the occasional install and service. Sometimes you can't always see the **** on the estimate and you over look an offset transition. The installers have every right to say hey I need an offset transition and make one on site. ( Not crappy field fab but decent) But my responce is always the same if I screw up and make a job harder for my installers I apologize but at the end of the day making a transition on site or not, the pay is the same. Everyone in the company taking pride in what they do to do it correctly and letting any one go that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by yelram View Post
    Quit your crying and take the door off the hinges. You act like you've never had to deal with a closet cruncher before. I had to change a HX in a miller oil furnace once, talk about tight.

Bwahahaha!!

No kidding.

I once took apart an entire Iron Fireman furnace and slid it out a 3' X 3' "access hole" that the previous home owner left when he built walls around his "unsightly oil furnace" in his basement... I had to sawzall the HX apart in the "space"... If you have ever sawzalled apart a sooty oil furnace, you know what I am talking about.

That install in the closet, was probably a result of a salesman telling the installer to "just make it work" type of situation. Anyone that has ever installed for a large company knows this crappy situation. You just make it work, and let the service goons deal with it later.

Trust me, now that I am a service goon, I just grin and bear it... especially knowing I have done the same thing when I installed.

Wow I forgot about this post!

Yelram and this last poster defenitely sound like one of those "git er don" guys to me.
    Fack that sh*t!

Those that know me know that it wasn't an isolated incident and that these jokers were selling and installing sh*t ****ed up all the time.

Several of us techs complained about those POS Clean Effects (an UNperfect fits) that they installed in the attics. Not just the fact that it was 150 in the attic, but that they would be dirty by time we carried them back to the furnace.

It kinda pisses me off when someone comes to the WALL OF SHAME and says "quit complaining and just do the job".

Sounds like my supervisor from my last job in sun city west. I bet if I saw the work of these "git er done" guys I'd post their sh*t on youtube with all the other hacks!!!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

A salesmen from our area (different company) promised his customer that the installers would take down their Christmas lights, no s@$t! Many problems could be averted by more detailed measure ups and initial visits. I appreciate the post's here as I use them for our installers to see what not to do. I don't believe for a second that it's a whining issue, just that we get tired of the same old screw ups and unbelievable hacked up sheeite.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by millerman View Post
    A salesmen from our area (different company) promised his customer that the installers would take down their Christmas lights, no s@$t! Many problems could be averted by more detailed measure ups and initial visits. I appreciate the post's here as I use them for our installers to see what not to do. I don't believe for a second that it's a whining issue, just that we get tired of the same old screw ups and unbelievable hacked up sheeite.
    Amen brother!!!

These jobs by that company were mostly in retirement areas with elderly people.

Them Clean Effects created so many warranty call backs as it was, and the fact that of course the salesmen tells the customer that we will clean it for them. It's bad enough we had to clean some of these bast@rds. But 6 months is too long of an interval for the pre filter me thinks.

So us techs would have to explain how to do that to the customer.
    In this case, show them how to bend the pre filter, or take the door off the hinges.
    All because the furnace wasn't moved to the left by ONE INCH!
    You don't even need a transition to do that!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Hey Payson, I hope one day you find that perfect company your looking for, but even if you do you will still find fault somewhere. Hey! why dont you start your own company. Then maybe you'll see that you need those salesman that your always knocking down in order to be successful.

Wow! Another newbie poster that just doesn't get it. As a tech for many, many years and now running a company, I will hold the salesman feet to the fire when necessary. First monday of the month I, the lead installers and salesman go over the previous months installs. The leads have a journal that they make comments on every job. The good and the bad. Yes we do need the salesman however, they can be educated also and at least make an attempt to make a sometimes miserable job a little easier. My service manager will also make comments on what can be done to make service calls easier. Get a clue, this area is a great conduit for making all of our jobs better.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Can't help but see the irony in a person coming here to complain about someone else coming here to complain about crappy installation techniques.

Bottom line: you have six service tickets sitting on the seat of your truck yet to be run, it's hotter 'n hell, it's past quitting time, you can feel your wife rolling her eyes over you being late for dinner again, even though she's fifteen miles on the other side of town. And then you open the door to clean an old lady's Clean Effects filter and see that kind of crap. It's a sure fire recipe for putting you in a rapturous mood.

Quote Originally Posted by cards2006 View Post
    Hey Payson, I hope one day you find that perfect company your looking for, but even if you do you will still find fault somewhere. Hey! why dont you start your own company. Then maybe you'll see that you need those salesman that your always knocking down in order to be successful.
    I don't know if there is a PERFECT company. Making mistakes is one thing. I make mistakes. But the thing is to LEARN form them mistakes, weather you catch your own or someone was nice enough to tell you about it.
    People who just want to ignore them just to make a buck and bang out the work as fast as possible are only making things worse for everyone.

Where I've been working for the last year aint so bad. The techs are also the installers when we need to replace or install something.
    It's funny how much different things become when you are instaling what YOU will be servicing!

I used to post pictures on a weekly if not daily basis when I worked at my previous jobs. Now I just post occasional stuff from stupid builders or crappy units. I haven't had problems with my coworkers. That makes me feel a lot better about my job.

Quote Originally Posted by millerman View Post
    Wow! Another newbie poster that just doesn't get it. As a tech for many, many years and now running a company, I will hold the salesman feet to the fire when necessary. First monday of the month I, the lead installers and salesman go over the previous months installs. The leads have a journal that they make comments on every job. The good and the bad. Yes we do need the salesman however, they can be educated also and at least make an attempt to make a sometimes miserable job a little easier. My service manager will also make comments on what can be done to make service calls easier. Get a clue, this area is a great conduit for making all of our jobs better.
    LOL Amen once again brother miller!
    The newbie is probably my last service manager, signing up for his THIRD username now! LOL!

Your system you are using to provide COMMUNICATION between your installers and salesman sounds GENIUS!
    Wow! Imagine that!

That is exactly the problem. At the last joint, a-Hole service managers get all BUTT HURT if you want to talk about the install, how the system was sold and/or promised to the home owner, or how sh*tty those brand new XL19i's they just installed are actually performing because the company likes to stick the units up against the wall (shrubs, etc).

Things started out where I'd communicate what I found back to the manager, etc.
    And I would get feedback exactly how this newbie came across like "just do the job, quit complaining". They didn't even want to hear the truth when it came to new installs breaking down due to how they were installed. That's ok, Trane will pay the labor for all of that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Can't help but see the irony in a person coming here to complain about someone else coming here to complain about crappy installation techniques.

Bottom line: you have six service tickets sitting on the seat of your truck yet to be run, it's hotter 'n hell, it's past quitting time, you can feel your wife rolling her eyes over you being late for dinner again, even though she's fifteen miles on the other side of town. And then you open the door to clean an old lady's Clean Effects filter and see that kind of crap. It's a sure fire recipe for putting you in a rapturous mood.
    Well said once again!

I just heard that the one of the techs at the last hack n slash co in Sun City West just clocked in 90 hours last week! NINETY HOURS! Holy sheep sh!t!
    I bet 60% was warranty work!
    Sorry man, you can't work your techs liek that and be a QUALITY company!

It's been 113 degrees lately here. I'm clocking in between 40 and 45!
    I didn't even have to run any calls last weekend on call.
    Commercial work is a lot nicer than residential!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

I have a Trane Clean Effects and the red and amber lights began blinking. The manual stated it was time to clean the filters so I took them out and vacuumed them then re-installed them. When I turned on the power the lights were still on. It's only been 2 months since they were last cleaned (by a service man when he was there to service the a/c). I called the company and was told that a service man would come out but I would be charged a $45 service call. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I've read that those LED lights frequently malfunction but how can I be sure that's the problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

what the bloody h3ll was that

LMAO
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by zcb View Post
    I have a Trane Clean Effects and the red and amber lights began blinking. The manual stated it was time to clean the filters so I took them out and vacuumed them then re-installed them. When I turned on the power the lights were still on. It's only been 2 months since they were last cleaned (by a service man when he was there to service the a/c). I called the company and was told that a service man would come out but I would be charged a $45 service call. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I've read that those LED lights frequently malfunction but how can I be sure that's the problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    did you read the entire manual? you have to reset it after cleaning

also it has to run for ten minutes after cleaning before it is on and working again. maybe you didn't wait it out?

a $$ service call is cheap, call that guy back out

oops pricing not allowed in forums
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12