Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nothing like a nice Trane Clean Effects that you can't clean properly!

This is a video that I never did get around to posting until today.

This crap used to make me mad. It would take what? 5 to 10 minutes for the installers to move it a little as they were installing the new furnace and everything would have been fine. But heck no! It was BLOW-N-GO time in SCW!

I used to see this kind of crap all too often from this company.
    Quality Control? WHAT Quality Control??? It was a joke. Because even if they sent one of us to do a Quality Control. They never fixed the problems we found.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

I sell the American Standard version of that filter – AccuClean.

The filter has three parts – the prefilter, the ionizing plate (I don’t remember the technical term) and the collection plates.

In the video the tech removed the pre-filter and the ionizing plate. The ionizing plate is not supposed to be removed.

Regardless, forcing the customer to bend a reusable filter is inexcusable.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by gplant View Post

The filter has three parts – the prefilter, the ionizing plate (I don’t remember the technical term) and the collection plates.

In the video the tech removed the pre-filter and the ionizing plate. The ionizing plate is not supposed to be removed.

Glenn
    Hmm.. Trane told us that the tips needed to have the lint cleaned off on the ionizer deal. I know he said to be careful, because they are sharp, and that they bend easy.

I was the tech recording the video.

And we did clean LOTS of them during each PM 6 months apart.

Them ionizer tips DID need cleaning.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Quote Originally Posted by gplant View Post

Glenn
    It has to be removed every year at max to clean the crap off the needles.Trane says in the lit cleaned by qualified tech the one in my house gets so dirty it looses at least 40+% efff.
    the customer is not supposed to service it

I guess the hapless tech is going to have to take the door off of the hinges to give it a proper cleaning huh?
    Sad to say, I've been there too, and had to get really creative to take care of the monstrosities.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by william antley View Post
    I guess the hapless tech is going to have to take the door off of the hinges to give it a proper cleaning huh?
    Sad to say, I've been there too, and had to get really creative to take care of the monstrosities.
    Actually. The door needing to be removed isn't NEARLY as bad as some of the ATTICS they installed them into!

The attics in Peoria and Glandale, AZ are very difficult to access through small 16" wide scuttles in the kids small sliding door closet.

Then once you get up there you drudge through the insulation walking on the trusses because there is no catwalk.

It's already bad enough. But then some wise a$$ salesman would sell a EAC on a new system with the EAC in that attic!

By time you climb back through there to reinstall the EAC cells, it's more dirty than when you removed it for cleaning!!!

Especially the Perfect Fit that you washed with water!!! The insulation puffing up from you climbing like a monkey sticks right to them b@stards!

EAC in the attic = sh*tty sh*tty!!! Any salesman who sells one for an attic air handler/furnace like we have here is just an a$$hole!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Wait a sec... Speak of the DEVIL!

This one had a catwalk. Try the attics with the furnace further away and NO catwalk and blown in insulation!

And yes. The installers here routed that flue pipe up, over, back down, through a 180 that's wedged into the insulation inthe vaulted wall, and then on up to the roof!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Quote Originally Posted by airmn38 View Post
    It has to be removed every year at max to clean the crap off the needles.Trane says in the lit cleaned by qualified tech the one in my house gets so dirty it looses at least 40+% efff.
    the customer is not supposed to service it
    You are correct. In a moist climate the needles build up deposits. These deposits can easily be cleaned, but should be cleaned by a technician, not the homeowner.

I can tell you what likely happened. The sales rep sold the job without bothering to measure the closet. The tech was told to install, and was under the gun in materials and hours, so moving the unit (plenum adaption, sheetmetal, etc) was not an option.

Result?

The video speaks for itself.

Glenn

Quit your crying and take the door off the hinges. You act like you've never had to deal with a closet cruncher before. I had to change a HX in a miller oil furnace once, talk about tight.

Sorry, Duplicate.

Glenn
    Last edited by gplant; 05-01-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Duplicate Responce

Clean Effects Suck

Luckily our company has put in very few of these, and as a rule will no longer install them, after their recall issue, and constant problems with them. Not to mention if the homeowner ever trys to clean it . I thought it was hilarious when I first seen that little foam block you are supposed to use to clean them, They suck! A classic case of trane over thinking it a little bit and winding up worse off then where they started.

[QUOTE=yelram;1846826]Quit your crying and take the door off the hinges. You act like you've never had to deal with a closet cruncher before. I had to change a HX in a miller oil furnace once, talk about tight.[/QUOTE

Well, goodie for you. If you've been around long enough you would know these issues are a regular complaint that salesmen etc. could careless about, just get the sale. I don't live in Payson's area however, I couldn't imagine dealing with an attic eac in 150 degree attic temps. Maybe he could invite you this summer to do his job and he could then post pictures of you crying like a little girl.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

[QUOTE=millerman;1853130]
    Quote Originally Posted by yelram View Post
    Quit your crying and take the door off the hinges. You act like you've never had to deal with a closet cruncher before. I had to change a HX in a miller oil furnace once, talk about tight.[/QUOTE

Well, goodie for you. If you've been around long enough you would know these issues are a regular complaint that salesmen etc. could careless about, just get the sale. I don't live in Payson's area however, I couldn't imagine dealing with an attic eac in 150 degree attic temps. Maybe he could invite you this summer to do his job and he could then post pictures of you crying like a little girl.
    Its not the salesmens fault, and I get called on stupid ones like that, and you know what I'd do? Do it, and not get all huffy because the filter is an inch further to the right than it should be. I dont even know what kind of point you are trying to make here. I work in hot attics. I have since I was little. Dangerous roofs, all that stuff. Its one thing when its a monster, with multiple things done wrong, but come on, take the door off, and get over it. I had to change a smartvalve, and a blower board, all because someone in my company, when I was about 16, put a humidifier right above the furnace, and now 10 years later, it leaked. I was pissed, but I didnt come on here and whine and complain about it, I told the customer I'd come and change it for him for free, and he said, "How about i'll pay you", and thats how you do business. It was no fault of my own, but I corrected the situation, got paid, and made the customer happy, all without posting a video on Youtube...WOW!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast