Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15

Thread: burnt out!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339

    burnt out!!

    its not even summer yet and i am feeling quite burnt out!! last few weeks have been over 65hrs and the infamous " one more call" at 5 and that call is at least 30mns away without traffic!!

    any of you guys get burnt out? what do you do? how can one determine if it is the employer of the job itself?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,876
    I only have that "one more call" about once or twice a week. Other than that it's 4 calls a day and headed for home...but that's how the company works. I like it soooo much better than than the old school...."run and gun" and see how many you can do in a day.
    I need a new signature.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    been doin about 57 to 60 myself, with a lot of out a town work but I say keep it comin, got to get up all the $ I can.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    out in the country
    Posts
    633
    Almost 1500 post, you joined in feb this year. I figured you were retired or something (seeking employment). Be glad your keeping busy, some aren't so lucky. Hang in there.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    its been the one last call everyday for the last three weeks!! and i am always the last man standing on friday afternoon!! this past fridai i was out past sundown and everybody else was gone shortly after lunch i ran 4 calls after lunch and thats been the story for the last three fridays!! its getting old fast!! they never ask me if i want to take off early. i am not complaining aboutthe money, i am on performance pay, so if i don't make squat its my own dam fault but when you get to someones house at 6pm and tell them whats wrong with the system, and they say, well i just wanted to know whats wrong with it... you kinda get a little upset!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    209
    i have the friday curse too, lets figure it out
    performance pay?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    OZ Aka SW Florida
    Posts
    1,830
    Here in OZ..It Is "run and gun" Then they fire you, looking for the next sucker to take your place and do the same to Him......
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    68

    over work

    beachtech i learned if you keep letting them drive you into the ground they will! we all now how the nature of our trade is like. summer is balls to the walls but hey man you gotta draw the line some where like me i have a son and a wife that i like spending time with but on the other hand i love that overtime money good look in what you do

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanhoney View Post
    i have the friday curse too, lets figure it out
    performance pay?
    its just another way of saying commision. it is really a commision based pay. i get a percentage of everything that i bill for. i have compared my percentage (16) with others on performance pay and they all laugh at me when i tell them my percentage (because its so low)
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Coffeepot, Ohio
    Posts
    275
    Gotta make hay when the sun shines....

    however....

    What's the point of $$$ if there's no life to spend it on. Ask the boss "What's up?".

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    its been the one last call everyday for the last three weeks!! and i am always the last man standing on friday afternoon!! this past fridai i was out past sundown and everybody else was gone shortly after lunch i ran 4 calls after lunch and thats been the story for the last three fridays!! its getting old fast!! they never ask me if i want to take off early. i am not complaining aboutthe money, i am on performance pay, so if i don't make squat its my own dam fault but when you get to someones house at 6pm and tell them whats wrong with the system, and they say, well i just wanted to know whats wrong with it... you kinda get a little upset!

    Beachtech;
    In another month when she's standing there in a bikini and asking that question, I'm betting you don't get the least bit upset! LOL Better be carefull when you answer that question then.LOL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    Beachtech;
    In another month when she's standing there in a bikini and asking that question, I'm betting you don't get the least bit upset! LOL Better be carefull when you answer that question then.LOL
    thats only a myth!! it doesn't happen like that around here and all the ones that do come to the door in a bikini, you just think to yourself lease God make her put something on!!!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    LMAO Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event