Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: burnt out!!

burnt out!!

its not even summer yet and i am feeling quite burnt out!! last few weeks have been over 65hrs and the infamous " one more call" at 5 and that call is at least 30mns away without traffic!!

any of you guys get burnt out? what do you do? how can one determine if it is the employer of the job itself?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I only have that "one more call" about once or twice a week. Other than that it's 4 calls a day and headed for home...but that's how the company works. I like it soooo much better than than the old school...."run and gun" and see how many you can do in a day.
    I need a new signature.....

been doin about 57 to 60 myself, with a lot of out a town work but I say keep it comin, got to get up all the $ I can.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Almost 1500 post, you joined in feb this year. I figured you were retired or something (seeking employment). Be glad your keeping busy, some aren't so lucky. Hang in there.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

its been the one last call everyday for the last three weeks!! and i am always the last man standing on friday afternoon!! this past fridai i was out past sundown and everybody else was gone shortly after lunch i ran 4 calls after lunch and thats been the story for the last three fridays!! its getting old fast!! they never ask me if i want to take off early. i am not complaining aboutthe money, i am on performance pay, so if i don't make squat its my own dam fault but when you get to someones house at 6pm and tell them whats wrong with the system, and they say, well i just wanted to know whats wrong with it... you kinda get a little upset!

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i have the friday curse too, lets figure it out
    performance pay?

Here in OZ..It Is "run and gun" Then they fire you, looking for the next sucker to take your place and do the same to Him......
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

over work

beachtech i learned if you keep letting them drive you into the ground they will! we all now how the nature of our trade is like. summer is balls to the walls but hey man you gotta draw the line some where like me i have a son and a wife that i like spending time with but on the other hand i love that overtime money good look in what you do

Quote Originally Posted by acmanhoney View Post
    i have the friday curse too, lets figure it out
    performance pay?
    its just another way of saying commision. it is really a commision based pay. i get a percentage of everything that i bill for. i have compared my percentage (16) with others on performance pay and they all laugh at me when i tell them my percentage (because its so low)

Gotta make hay when the sun shines....

however....

What's the point of $$$ if there's no life to spend it on. Ask the boss "What's up?".

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    its been the one last call everyday for the last three weeks!! and i am always the last man standing on friday afternoon!! this past fridai i was out past sundown and everybody else was gone shortly after lunch i ran 4 calls after lunch and thats been the story for the last three fridays!! its getting old fast!! they never ask me if i want to take off early. i am not complaining aboutthe money, i am on performance pay, so if i don't make squat its my own dam fault but when you get to someones house at 6pm and tell them whats wrong with the system, and they say, well i just wanted to know whats wrong with it... you kinda get a little upset!

Beachtech;
    In another month when she's standing there in a bikini and asking that question, I'm betting you don't get the least bit upset! LOL Better be carefull when you answer that question then.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    Beachtech;
    In another month when she's standing there in a bikini and asking that question, I'm betting you don't get the least bit upset! LOL Better be carefull when you answer that question then.LOL
    thats only a myth!! it doesn't happen like that around here and all the ones that do come to the door in a bikini, you just think to yourself lease God make her put something on!!!!

LMAO Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast