Electric Com-A-Long / Winch - Anyone ever use one?

Saw this one online, and was just wondering if anyone ever used one, and what they thought. Are there any other brands? I already have a power hand truck and several come-a-longs. Thought this might come in handy in certain situations if they work well.

Warn Pullzall rated to 1,000 lbs. 24V about $400. 120V about $200.

http://www.warn.com/works/pullzall/index.shtml
    "Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

I have not used an electric winch but I did recently pick up a locking block and tackle at Tractor Supply. It has a 4:1 reduction and a verticle limit of 750#. I use it to help me get equipment into and out of the attic if I'm working by myself and for other little chores. Works great. It works kind of like your blinds on your window. When you pull and load the block there is a fixed knurled "ball" that catches and binds the rope so that you can reposition, get a better grip, or what ever. When you get ready to release the load or lower it you just have to move the rope about 6-12" to hit the release and there ya go. The have it on their website, only $50 and worth every penny.

Are you talking about the "Rope Hoist Block and Tackle"?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...g=true&cFlag=1

How is that Denton Arts & Jazz Festival? Any good?
    Last edited by bobb25; 04-28-2008 at 12:46 PM.
    "Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

I just picked up the 120v Warn Pullzall... and used it.

It works fine, and it made the task much safer.

Using it for overhead lifting voids the warranty, and it is made in China

I don't know the brand, but we use 110v. wench to get heaters in the attic all the time.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

i can already think of a hundred uses for that thing!!

but, i cannot think of how many times i will use it
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

its only got a 15' cable, if it was 25 i would order it. Im going to shoot them an email to see if a longer cable can be used.

I've got two. One's a Warn but the bigger portable 115 volt model & not the one shown. It sits on my trailer hitch on my van to pull things out or up. Or it sits inside my van to pull units up or down my ramps.

The other one is some make that works just fine but I only use it when I don't care if I damage whatever I'm moving.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    Are you talking about the "Rope Hoist Block and Tackle"?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...g=true&cFlag=1

How is that Denton Arts & Jazz Festival? Any good?
    The one I have is a little heavier than what the linked looked but essentially the same thing.

As far as the festival, haven't been able to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    its only got a 15' cable, if it was 25 i would order it. Im going to shoot them an email to see if a longer cable can be used.

i was thinking the same thing, post back and let us know.

15' good to get something into an attic but 25' would let me get more stuff up to a roof.