Trane TWA060D300A1 with TXV

Working on TWA060D300A1 with TWE060D with TXV. Air handler running, 150 psi head, over 100psi suction(65 degree). Indoor, 65wb, 75 degrees, outside temp 68.
    TXV bulb is wrapped and mounted at 3 oclock, outside air to A/H closed off. Not a drop of condensate on the coil. The liquid line temp varies from 74 to 80 depending on which device I measure the temp with. Any ideas on the issue here. R22 charge doesn't seem to be the issue. There was a gaping hole in the return duct cut by someone at one time but this is closed down. Coil inside does not look plugged from a return side visual. Any ideas?

compressor is not loading!

Broken valves in the compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    Broken valves in the compressor.
    x2

that would be a HP model number... so sure ite not a reversing valve??? try pumping it down and see what happens. if it pumps down, compressor is not the failed part
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Yes. This is a split unit heatpump with a scroll compressor. On the three legs of the reversing valve the left pipe is very hot, middle very hot, right pipe is suction lineset temperature. This makes me think its the reversing valve. It will de-energize and run in heat mode. In energized cool mode the unit has a distinct hissing sound.

Before I pull the valve I wanted to get expert feedback. I do not like changing reversing valves without certainty- they are hard as you know what to change out and not damage with heat (believe me I have damaged a few with heat). If you agree it is a valve anybody have a tried and true method for soldering in a valve with less heat migration (other than using just heat block and wet rags, i.e. type of solders or flame selection). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    that would be a HP model number... so sure ite not a reversing valve??? try pumping it down and see what happens. if it pumps down, compressor is not the failed part
    ooops, did not realize it was a heat pump. That was going to be my question if it was a heat pump. Never changed one, wish I could just to see what its like. Everyone tells me its a b****.

Sorry for sending this late. The reversing valve change was the fix. The placement of the valve made it an all day repair. I had to solder in lengths of copper tubing with the new valve out to keep damaging heat of of other parts and the new valve. Thanks to everyone who responded.