Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divorce

Divorce

After 13yrs. my wife tells me she is moving back to Indiana with our 3 children. I would eat a bullet but I dont want to hurt my kids. Life sure can SUCK ASS at times.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

I know how you feel....I have a 5 year old daughter....her mother cheated on me before she turned 1....I left...I also have 3 year old twins...their mother cheated on me just after they turned 1...I left again.

If it weren't for the three of them I would probably be takin the dirt nap now...had a few very self distructive nights after the second one. I couldn't do anything but blame myself and my job and everything but my ex's.

Every time I hear one of my kids call me "daddy" I can't imagine not being here for them.

Hang in there man....it gets better and easier....TRUST ME!!! Stay on the boards and talk about it...it WILL help alot...there are alot of guys on here that will know how you feel.

Chris
    I need a new signature.....

Life does suck torino. It is also wonderful. This is far from the end of your life, it is simply an unexpected turn that you will find less important overall as the years go by.

I always hate seeing people go through drama's such as this, but it seems to be the destiny of man to do so. Always remember how many are in much worse condition then you are, and move forward.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Did she say why?

Any way to work it? Smooth it over? Gt past it?

How far is Indiana from where you are now?

I feel for you man - it's never easy.

How are the kids taking it all? How old are they anyway?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

My buddies going through a divorce after 28 yrs and the kids are all grown....he feels the same way. Not much to say except best wishes to you and hang in there.....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Is there anything legally you can do to stop her moving
    Why is it women do this - leave then think they can just drag your kids with them?

my friend when his wife left made sure he got a court order preventing the ex wife from leaving the province with their daughter without his written permission ( this inc holidays etc)
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Quote Originally Posted by 1972torino View Post
    After 13yrs. my wife tells me she is moving back to Indiana with our 3 children. I would eat a bullet but I dont want to hurt my kids. Life sure can SUCK ASS at times.
    Don't think so.

Layer up man. She CAN NOT LEAVE THE STATE and keep custody.

If she leaves, she leaves the kids with you - period.

If you laywer up, she stays or you get the kids - no 2 ways about it.

I've had clients who have this idea that they want to leave hubby, and go to, say, Hawaii.

I tell them to prepare to spend life in Paradise WITHOUT THE KIDS! They don't get the right to divorce, then go live elsewhere and take the kids.

The ***LAW*** takes into account your position.

Lawyer up and he/she will stop that sh!t ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Is there anything legally you can do to stop her moving
    Why is it women do this - leave then think they can just drag your kids with them?

my friend when his wife left made sure he got a court order preventing the ex wife from leaving the province with their daughter without his written permission ( this inc holidays etc)
    Exactly.

She is being a TOOL. Pay a lawyer and STOP THE BS!!!

This person (the wife) is NOT allowed to do this - via several state and FEDERAL LAWS!

It is not against the law. And it happens all the time.
    There are conditions were they can leave the state with your children, and there are conditions were they can't. A lawyer is needed to help.

Past conversations about moving to her home state can be used against you, if you ever implied that you would be willing to move there.

Consult with a lawyer quickly!!!!!!!!!
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I dont know if a parent can take the kids and leave the state , but one Can take the kids and leave the town . Whichever parent takes the kids * has temporary custody of them * and can tell their spouse No, you cant come over and see them .

I went through that crap with my ex . She took our 3 kids and went to her aunts 45 min away . I drove there to see my kids and they called the cops soon as I knocked on the door , who said no you cant do a thing . Go home sir .

I learned that if I could sweet talk her and convince her to let me have them for a few minutes , you know , like take them to Mc Donalds , and get them into My car , they are THEN in MY custody .... and I can do the Same crap back to her . So I did . I took them back home . She couldnt do anything about it . It was called temporary custody or something like that ..... until you get lawyers to figure things out , the parent who has them has control .

What a mess .

Sorry for your problems. Hang in there. It WILL get better

Lightbulb Tomorrow will get better.

As you walk through bad times , remember the good ones that ran by.

If your down and out , get up dust yourself off and move on to the next day.

Remember, with every new day comes a bright light at the beginning and a warm one at the end.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Hang in there! Been through it myself. Mine left me for a biker she met online!
    Trust me it will get better! Too bad the kids will be the ones to suffer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast