Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's official, we are now a communist country

Controversial Gun Program “Searching” For Opportunities

Friday, April 25, 2008

In the past six months, we’ve (NRA) twice reported on a contentious program undertaken by the Boston Police Department, in which police officers seek “voluntary”permission to enter and search people’s homes (and specifically, children’s bedrooms) for drugs and firearms—without warrants.

Under the controversial “Home Safe” program, teams of police officers are assigned to the city’s public schools and seek out leads on students believed to have firearms. Once officers receive a call or otherwise secure a lead, they are to show up at the student’s home and ask to immediately search the premises, confiscating any firearms they find. Officers are empowered to exercise their personal discretion should they encounter drugs or signs of other illegal activity.

Intense opposition from residents forced officials to scale back the scope of the program, and delay its implementation at least three times since December. And despite very valid concerns within the community, the program commenced approximately four weeks ago.

Officials have heavily promoted the program, advertising it throughout the city with special fliers, mailings, and even a special hotline.

So is the program working? Well, there’s no way to tell. An April 23, BostonHerald.com article reports that, though the program has been operating for about a month now, so far no calls requesting searches have come in, and not a single lead has been generated.

Another case of the government not giving a rats a$$ what the citizens want . They are simply going to do whatever they want, when they want to do it
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Fortunately, nobody is calling. We can only hope that trend continues.

It's truly a sad day.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Call in council-persons and aldermen addresses.... maybe a few union leaders...

Unbelievable...

Look at my reply to The Second Amendment topic for my opinion on this.

This action is certainly NOT the way. Far from it.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Fortunately, nobody is calling. We can only hope that trend continues.

It's truly a sad day.
    Heck I thought we would have had to wait till at least Obama or maybe Hiillary was elected before this would happen. But I guess the People's Republic of Mass is off to a head start. The goverment school system would be the logical place for this to begin with their zero tolerance, zero brains policies. It isn't all that surprising considering what they have already being doing in the name of zero tolerance every day across the country.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Nothing is sacred to these commie fascists. They $hit on the Second Amendment, so why not the Fourth Amendment.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

It's Mass. What'd ya expect. Land of Kennedy and Kerry.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    And Barney ***

I wonder whats going to happen when one kid gets mad at another and says he has a gun?

The police are going to show up at this kids home and I wonder whats going to happen if the parents DO NOT allow the police in?

Will they stand in the driveway and wait for a warrant? or will they simply walk away.

I have a feeling they will be back with a warrant, within hours whether its 'warranted' ( pun intended ) or not
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

This is the type of thing you get when it's OK to run over the Constitution to get what you want. No different than the State of Texas running over the FLDS on a false warrant when they knew the guy was in Arizona but went in anyway.

These type of things are only the beginning.

LOL this is funny. How long are they going to get away with this? Some constitutiuonal lawyers will put the stop to it. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    LOL this is funny. How long are they going to get away with this? Some constitutiuonal lawyers will put the stop to it. Get a grip.
    What exactly is a constitutional lawyer?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast