Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Novar? Is there an upcoming Tridium solution?

Ok, I'll open the discussion by saying that I've read on this forum that there are folks somewhere out there working on building a solution where a JACE will be able to talk with Novar. I've also read that it will not happen. Is there any truth to this and will it happen in the next 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by clguy View Post
    Ok, I'll open the discussion by saying that I've read on this forum that there are folks somewhere out there working on building a solution where a JACE will be able to talk with Novar. I've also read that it will not happen. Is there any truth to this and will it happen in the next 2 years?
    I believe the Opus is AX. I think it's an appliance, like the FX.

Thumbs up Thanks for the info.

It looks just like a JACE with Novar on the front panel. Could it be that Novar is selling that solution and that they do not provide a link to the older Novar systems? Either way, thanks for the info!

Isn't Honeywell the parent company of Novar?

If so, then a Tridium front end would make sense.

I agree that it would make sense.

However, the question is if they made it work with the older systems or not. I certainly hope that it does work with the Logic One, but I have my doubts. Does anyone know for sure if it does or doesn't?

Sure,

I too thought that's what you meant (the older stuff). I would think that someone is going to have to invest in a driver (if it's even possible).

Opus is not going to be compatible with the old L1 from what they have told us. Opus has its own modules none of which work with L1. They are building a gateway for L1 to work with the Trend system, which still is a ways off.

All three of the systems will have some form of Niagara in them. But they sure don’t seem to have any clear answers on if they will ever be able to speak with each other.

Smile Thanks! I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Unfortunatly, that makes sense. I had hoped that there was a way that we could make it happen. Hard to understand why they do not provide a path for he systems to work together. All we want to do is to discover the control points and turn them off and on. Maybe someday, somebody will write a driver for the JACE.

I have been asking that for a while now, and have not heard anything encouraging yet. The API for L1 to Trend is on the horizon, but Im not sure of the capability of it. I have been told that I will have point level control, but Im not holding my breath.
    i have found one company that has a L1 gateway, But I have not received a reply from them
    http://www.bostonbase.net/ems_bas_gateway.htm

Thank You!!!!

While it is no guarentee, it's about the most encouraging info that I have got yet. I'll try and contact them and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!!!

yeah, Im in the same boat as you.
    I have 15 years worth of L1 installs to support

>The API for L1 to Trend is on the horizon, but Im not sure of the capability of it.

A little birdie told me, it will be using the web interface in the executive module. So you cannot currently access it from the web pages / keypad, you will not have access to it via the API.

yeah, thats what Ive heard also. I asked the powers that be that exact question , and they said no you'll have point level access. I don't see it happening thou
    heck, i can link 963 to the pages inside a lingo now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast