+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Die Pigeons, DIE!!! - New Video!

Post Likes

Talking Die Pigeons, DIE!!! - New Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-05Pb5fd30

Someone in the pro area mentioned my old "Pigeon Video".

Well I found it and some other pigeon video clips that I had saved and edited myself a new video for you guys!

As you will see, these are only regarded as Flying Rats around here and as despised as Cock Roaches!

I found this similar Pigeon Trap online as to what i found in that video... http://www.bird-evictors.com/pigeon_traps.htm
    Last edited by PaysonHVAC; 04-26-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-05Pb5fd30

Someone in the pro area mentioned my old "Pigeon Video".

Well I found it and some other pigeon video clips that I had saved and edited myself a new video for you guys!

As you will see, these are only regarded as Flying Rats around here and as despised as Cock Roaches!

I found this similar Pigeon Trap online as to what i found in that video... http://www.bird-evictors.com/pigeon_traps.htm

I was working on newer carrier yesterday with 6 inches of pigeon sh!t in the condensor section along with 2 baby pigeons that were almost ready to leave the nest. My co-worker who had gloves on grabbed the baby's and asked them, "are you baby birds ready to fly" and then he tossed them both over the 30 ft. wharehouse building we were working on. Only one survived the drop. I felt kind of bad at first that he did it. But after taking another look at the big pile of mess in the unit. I realized it had to be done.

Post Likes
    Must be no tree huggers there

we have problems with seagulls - giant flying rats

dang it they are protected - you can't bother them or their nest if there are eggs in it
    you can however remove their nesting material before they lay eggs
    we have plenty of tree huggers and greenies here that would go after you in a Heart beat if ya get caught.

I've been dive bombed numerous times - I usually carry a fliter on my head and a pvc pipe I stick up in the air to stop them getting too close
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    For seagulls, just carry some Alka Seltzer tablets. When seagulls get bothersome, toss an Alka Seltzer into the air. Seagulls will snatch up anything you toss in the air and eat it. The Alka Seltzer kinda makes them explode internally.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Great video. No love lost for dead pigeons. I had an account with a bad pigeon problem and every time I went there I ended up getting sick. That is scary. We have other accounts near the lake that we have to send two guys during nesting season to fight off the seagulls while one guy works. They will dive bomb you and hit you on the head.

Post Likes
    I bet that cleaning cooling towers out there is a real b!tch! We have pidgeons here also, but nothing like that!

Post Likes
    Just remembered a job I did years ago in Alexandria, VA for the dept. of the Navy that had a massive amount of pigeons all over the place. Then came the Mexican drywallers and the pigeon population decreased continually after lunch each day. Yep; these guys were catching and cooking up pigeons for lunch right on the jobsite.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kbghdg View Post
    I was working on newer carrier yesterday with 6 inches of pigeon sh!t in the condensor section along with 2 baby pigeons that were almost ready to leave the nest. My co-worker who had gloves on grabbed the baby's and asked them, "are you baby birds ready to fly" and then he tossed them both over the 30 ft. wharehouse building we were working on. Only one survived the drop. I felt kind of bad at first that he did it. But after taking another look at the big pile of mess in the unit. I realized it had to be done.
    I LOVE it!!!

And that's the truth. You feel bad for a second, then you look at the facking MESS AND DISEASE and kick the baby Pigeons right off the roof!

I found one baby Pigeon before that was hiding in the shade. I got it out in the open and kicked a field goal right off the edge of the roof I was working in!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    For seagulls, just carry some Alka Seltzer tablets. When seagulls get bothersome, toss an Alka Seltzer into the air. Seagulls will snatch up anything you toss in the air and eat it. The Alka Seltzer kinda makes them explode internally.
    I was also told to put Alka Seltzer into a pice of bread and feed the pigeons and make sure they have some water to drink.
    Then watch them DIE in the same manner!

Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    Great video. No love lost for dead pigeons. I had an account with a bad pigeon problem and every time I went there I ended up getting sick. That is scary. We have other accounts near the lake that we have to send two guys during nesting season to fight off the seagulls while one guy works. They will dive bomb you and hit you on the head.
    OMG really? Dive Bomb? Crazy!!!

Where they as filthy as the Pigeons? Or just as annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by haustek View Post
    I bet that cleaning cooling towers out there is a real b!tch! We have pidgeons here also, but nothing like that!
    Oh I hope you didn't jinx me now! That would SUCK to clean out of the water panels!
    LOL so far I haven't been to a tower with a Pigeon Problem. Maybe there's not enough shade or place for them to roost like there is under an RTU on a stand?

Just remembered a job I did years ago in Alexandria, VA for the dept. of the Navy that had a massive amount of pigeons all over the place. Then came the Mexican drywallers and the pigeon population decreased continually after lunch each day. Yep; these guys were catching and cooking up pigeons for lunch right on the jobsite.

Ahh no way!!!

When we moved to south Chandler, AZ as kids we were the poor white kids living in the hood with a lot of immigrants from down south. All of our friends were Mexican and many times one or both parents were born in Mexico. So basically we saw a big culture difference form ours.
    We would catch Crawdads (I forget the spelling for them miniture Crabs) from the streams near the golf course and the parents would boil them up and eat them!

I had fun catching them, but I never did eat one. Yukk!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by haustek View Post
    I was just going through some of my videos and realized why Pigeons don't occupy those areas....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0uPmxLQpY

Listen to that start up and tell me if that wouldn't scare the sh*t out of some Pigeons down in there sipping on some of that nasty blue water in that cooling tower!

Post Likes
    I LOVE it!!!

And that's the truth. You feel bad for a second, then you look at the facking MESS AND DISEASE and kick the baby Pigeons right off the roof!

I found one baby Pigeon before that was hiding in the shade. I got it out in the open and kicked a field goal right off the edge of the roof I was working in!

I was also told to put Alka Seltzer into a pice of bread and feed the pigeons and make sure they have some water to drink.
    Then watch them DIE in the same manner!

OMG really? Dive Bomb? Crazy!!!

Where they as filthy as the Pigeons? Or just as annoying?

Oh I hope you didn't jinx me now! That would SUCK to clean out of the water panels!
    LOL so far I haven't been to a tower with a Pigeon Problem. Maybe there's not enough shade or place for them to roost like there is under an RTU on a stand?

Ahh no way!!!

When we moved to south Chandler, AZ as kids we were the poor white kids living in the hood with a lot of immigrants from down south. All of our friends were Mexican and many times one or both parents were born in Mexico. So basically we saw a big culture difference form ours.
    We would catch Crawdads (I forget the spelling for them miniture Crabs) from the streams near the golf course and the parents would boil them up and eat them!

I had fun catching them, but I never did eat one. Yukk!
    These Mexican (assumption because they were Hispanic who spoke no English and kept to themselves) workers cooked their lunches every day. It took the rest of us a while before we realized they were catching and cooking up pigeons. Worked out for all of us.

Crawdads, crayfish or whatever you want to call them are good eating. It just takes so many to make a meal. More like little lobsters then crabs. Real easy to catch once you get used to putting the container you want them to go into behind them while you approach them from the front.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    ************TECHS BEWARE******************

cryptococcosis or histoplasmosis

Pigeon crap contains the above fungal infections. (potentialy fatal and benign till too late)The fungus spores are airborne. At the very least, a tyvek suit, disposible gloves and a mask that filters down to a micron should be worn. Even after all the debris is removed, the spores are still there and in the air. The area has to be decontaminated.

Post Likes
    Hey Payson, becareful on that roof if it's wet that thing is slicker than snot on an icy door knob, the first one I ever worked on had a low spot in the middle of the roof, and there was always water on it, anyway I was walking across it to get to a unit both hands full, and figured I'd just wade across, it was only a couple of inches deep, got to the middle, zoom feet flew in the air, did a back flop in the puddle of water and you guessed it pidgeon shat, man I was so pissed off.

Pidgeons are good for improving your shooting ability though, they're easy for the first shot, but they can sure learn how to dodge the shot after that

Post Likes
    Robo, I never did like seafood too much. So I caught them but never ate them. I'm more a steak and potatoes kind of guy.

zzonko, Yeah I've heard that there are dieases in their filth!

If it's wet, you slide in that sh*t. If it's dry, it goes airborne when you disturb it!

Quote Originally Posted by Catpower View Post
    Hey Payson, becareful on that roof if it's wet that thing is slicker than snot on an icy door knob, the first one I ever worked on had a low spot in the middle of the roof, and there was always water on it, anyway I was walking across it to get to a unit both hands full, and figured I'd just wade across, it was only a couple of inches deep, got to the middle, zoom feet flew in the air, did a back flop in the puddle of water and you guessed it pidgeon shat, man I was so pissed off.

Pidgeons are good for improving your shooting ability though, they're easy for the first shot, but they can sure learn how to dodge the shot after that
    I swear I'd have a CO2 BB Gun in my toolbag if it's didn't get me into trouble just because it looks like a real gun.

In Payson,AZ the techs carried RIFLES in their work vans and it was OK!

Post Likes
    Damm dirty birds.

When I working for a department store in one of the malls there was a woman who would bring around trays of bread crums. I always wondered if it would be against the law to shot her.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Post Likes
    I can understand the need to get rid of pesky birds that are creating bad conditions, but we need not hate birds overall. When I was a docent for the Baltimore Zoo I worked with a couple of pigeons to show patrons the basic structure of birds. Pigeons are quite the prime example of a bird and are easy to train to fly a short distance on a tether to display a bird in flight. The one I worked with the most was neglected by other docents because she had a habit of pecking whenever she perched on your hand. Even though she did draw blood once in a while, it was worth it because she was such a good showoff with flying in place just above my hand.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snipe70e View Post
    Damm dirty birds.

When I working for a department store in one of the malls there was a woman who would bring around trays of bread crums. I always wondered if it would be against the law to shoot her.
    Now THAT's a thought!

I can understand the need to get rid of pesky birds that are creating bad conditions, but we need not hate birds overall. When I was a docent for the Baltimore Zoo I worked with a couple of pigeons to show patrons the basic structure of birds. Pigeons are quite the prime example of a bird and are easy to train to fly a short distance on a tether to display a bird in flight. The one I worked with the most was neglected by other docents because she had a habit of pecking whenever she perched on your hand. Even though she did draw blood once in a while, it was worth it because she was such a good showoff with flying in place just above my hand.

I dunno man. I don't have no need for a homing pigeon. If you could get one to fly in pace with your hand, that sure would help with my aim!!!

Post Likes
    "When I was a kid on the farm there was a guy down the road that would give me a nickle for every live pigeon I would bring him. I was a master at catching them. I would sneak up the silo at night and shut the door and then go up the inside in the morning and catch them. That was insanity. Wings and feathers everywhere. Then when he had his fill I would shoot them with the 22. I don't think I made much of a dent in the population.

Now the only birds I shoot are house sparrows. Its the only way I can keep my bluebirds happy.

Post Likes
    Now THAT's a thought!

I dunno man. I don't have no need for a homing pigeon. If you could get one to fly in pace with your hand, that sure would help with my aim!!!
    No doubt about it, you could get an easy shot on a tethered bird hoovering just above my hand. However; if you need help with your aim, I don't think I want to be the one handling the bird
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    No doubt about it, you could get an easy shot on a tethered bird hoovering just above my hand. However; if you need help with your aim, I don't think I want to be the one handling the bird
    Very funny, wise guy!

Pigeons should be easy to shoot. Their not the smallest bird. A lot easier to shoot than sparrows.

Post Likes
    Very funny, wise guy!

Pigeons should be easy to shoot. Their not the smallest bird. A lot easier to shoot than sparrows.
    Here's a little background on shooting pigeons and sparrows;

In an old English publication "Sporting Magazine" came the first mention of trapshooting as a sport. The year was 1793 and live pigeons were used as targets.

Nineteen years later in 1812 in a London suburb the first live pigeon-shooting club was born. It was called the "Old Hats Tavern". The old hats were used as boxes in order to launch the pigeons. This was when the expansion of this sport first started.

Evidence shows that trapshooting (in this case live bird shooting) was first contested in this county at the Sportsmen's Club of Cincinnati, Ohio in 1831, nineteen years after the "Old Hats Tavern" in England. Trapshooting with inanimate (clay target) targets was still a half of century away.

They probably used Passenger Pigeons or Sparrows for targets. Recently, a 1836 sterling silver trophy from this club surfaced. In 1840 the New York Sportsmen's Club held their first championship at live birds. This was the start of the many state shoots in America today. Many early state shoots held pigeon shoots in conjunction with their clay target shoot.
    The term "trapshooting" comes from the old pigeon rings of long ago where the birds were released from ground traps with long cords attached to the trap. The shooter, standing about 28 to 30 yards (depending on the gunners known ability) from the trap, would call “PULL”, meaning the trapper would pull this long cord to release the bird from the ground trap. One of the earliest of these traps (called a plunge trap) was developed by Wilber Parker, one of the brothers who designed and produced the famous Parker shotguns.
    Liberals got pigeon shooting all but banned by 1902. However;

As far as pigeon shooting today Pennsylvania still allows live pigeon shoots. To this day, several clubs in eastern Pennsylvania still hold large pigeon shoots almost every weekend during the winter shooting season. They attract large entries with large payouts for the winners. The most popular of the contemporary pigeon shoots was held at Hegins, PA on Labor Day. Held for more than 65 years the liberals succeeded in shutting down the shoot several years ago.

So payson, you'll need to come to my area in order to legally do any pigeon shooting
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in