Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullseye : Iran

Exclamation Bullseye : Iran

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/...t/military.php

Iran: Insurgent support in Iraq, proxy war farther west, causing trouble in afganistan, testing straight of hormitz security,.. AND building nuclear weapons.

Like it or not, Iran is a probable military confrontation, soon.

Even Hillary is talking tough on Iran. That president over there is freakin crazy.

Iran is a theocracy based on the fundamentals of the "religion of peace", Islam.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Even Hillary is talking tough on Iran. That president over there is freakin crazy.
    Yes, ''obliterate iran'', she said. That comment made a pretty good splash overseas it seems. I really don't like that witch, but she seems to at least have that position in her favor.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/baby...illarys-t.html

Even Obama has not ruled out military force, although he has clearly indicated he would try serving them milk and cookies first. I wouldn't trust Obama to act decisively if he needed to, in dealing with Iran. Seems a tad naive to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Yes, ''obliterate iran'', she said. That comment made a pretty good splash overseas it seems. I really don't like that witch, but she seems to at least have that position in her favor.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/baby...illarys-t.html

Even Obama has not ruled out military force, although he has clearly indicated he would try serving them milk and cookies first. I wouldn't trust Obama to act decisively if he needed to, in dealing with Iran. Seems a tad naive to me....
    I wouldn't trust Obama to be dog catcher. As much as I dislike Hillary, I'd pick her over Obama any day.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    I wouldn't trust Obama to be dog catcher. As much as I dislike Hillary, I'd pick her over Obama any day.
    Good point. Obama is the real deal....a true Marxist. We all know the Clinton's can be bought. The fee is steep but they will give in for the right price. They are just whores for cash and power. True low lifes, IMO.
    -Pat Riley

I guess I have had a busy winter, not paying much attention to stuff like this. But this morning i found some info that is new to me. A little dated, but if it ever hit mainstream news I must have missed it. I don't think it ever did, I spent some considerable time/effort finding it. The Isreali strike on Syria was, of course, big news but there is a ''story behind the story''... Concerning Russian made anti-aircraft as it pertains to Irans' defense capabilities. Iran, it seems, is using the same stuff as Syria and that raid by the Israelis proved what an ineffective system it is. Looks like they are practically sitting-ducks after reading the [this one] linked article. I wonder what we are waiting on then? Multiple dead-lines have come and gone, I don't even see diplomatic efforts being ratcheted-up to any serious degree. Perhaps something is going on ''out of the public eye'', so to speak, that is preventing a more determined effort?

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish..._in_Iran.shtml

I would have expected the Iranian landscape to be littered with multiple smoking holes in the ground by now, go figure....

I guess I have had a busy winter, not paying much attention to stuff like this. But this morning i found some info that is new to me. A little dated, but if it ever hit mainstream news I must have missed it. I don't think it ever did, I spent some considerable time/effort finding it. The Isreali strike on Syria was, of course, big news but there is a ''story behind the story''... Concerning Russian made anti-aircraft as it pertains to Irans' defense capabilities. Iran, it seems, is using the same stuff as Syria and that raid by the Israelis proved what an ineffective system it is. Looks like they are practically sitting-ducks after reading the [this one] linked article. I wonder what we are waiting on then? Multiple dead-lines have come and gone, I don't even see diplomatic efforts being ratcheted-up to any serious degree. Perhaps something is going on ''out of the public eye'', so to speak, that is preventing a more determined effort?

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish..._in_Iran.shtml

I would have expected the Iranian landscape to be littered with multiple smoking holes in the ground by now, go figure....
    Not surprising at all. Look how long Castro made it.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Not surprising at all. Look how long Castro made it.
    Well, yeeessss,... but there are alot of differences. Cuba has been allowed to just sit in the diaper they soiled and cry. Aside from that USSR missle incident, Castro never actually ''did'' anything to threaten/harm the USA did he? I think Castro just oppressed his own people and spouted of alot of goofy non-sense. I do see some similarity with Ackmadenijad there.... . But Iran is involved in activity that is directly resulting in USA soldier deaths, and complicating USA military objectives. I see that as reason enough for a war declaration. Add to that the nuke-program [clock must be ticking somewhere tick-tock], and strategic importance of the black-gold in the area and you have a serious situation at hand that needs to be addressed, not just let alone. Iran cannot even be ''contained'', or so it seems. Iran has far reaching ability to cause trouble all over the area. [I mean by that Iraq according to the article, and Isreal via Syria, hamas, Lebbanon, and hezbolla.] And here is a REAL kicker! From the original article linked......

"And in fact, we're seeing some evidence that they're supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan," Mullen said.

Now WTF does the admiral mean by that statement? I wish he would elaborate a little on that one little detail... Heck, the taliban are allies of al-queda! I think those guys share meals, weapons, wives, it doesen't matter, whatever they need! {{sure osama, here is a fresh box of ammo, take two, no go ahead, I insist. Doughnut? And take Yoshi, she is spunky this evening and I am really pooped after that hit and run,run,run,run manuever}} Maybe there IS a link. Perhaps there is some intelligence gathering going on with some anticipated ''smoking-gun'' evidence there? OOoooo, that would make fodder for some big press-conference!

I agree with you. I was just pointing out the fact, that the US gov't has a long history of letting its enemies run amuck, when it could suppress such non-sense or, at least, be more aggressive offencesivly.
    -Pat Riley

I agree with you. I was just pointing out the fact, that the US gov't has a long history of letting its enemies run amuck, when it could suppress such non-sense or, at least, be more aggressive offencesivly.
    Point well made whec720! Correct, and I hope Bush administration is doing what is right for America, and not just blowing this thing off because the POTUS term is nearly over. I would be really disappointed with Bush if I thought that was the case. That has been an accusation, that Bush will let the next administration deal with it. I think that domestic politics should not play any role, we need to be united in dealing with enemies abroad. So far, Bush has an exellent record of confronting enemies and I admire it. He seems a little less aggressive now,... Iran is due a serious smackdown, Bush is .... not taking military option off the table,... sounds really weak. Could Bush be wussing-out?

Point well made whec720! Correct, and I hope Bush administration is doing what is right for America, and not just blowing this thing off because the POTUS term is nearly over. I would be really disappointed with Bush if I thought that was the case. That has been an accusation, that Bush will let the next administration deal with it. I think that domestic politics should not play any role, we need to be united in dealing with enemies abroad. So far, Bush has an exellent record of confronting enemies and I admire it. He seems a little less aggressive now,... Iran is due a serious smackdown, Bush is .... not taking military option off the table,... sounds really weak. Could Bush be wussing-out?
    Well...maybe. He seems dis-attached lately....kinda going through the motions till his term is over. Then again, he may have an aggressive plan. That would not happen till around November, just to put the weak Dems on the "hot seat" to act against the enemy. I think he would do this not only to help Republicans, but to generally protect America after he leaves office.
    -Pat Riley

Well...maybe. He seems dis-attached lately....kinda going through the motions till his term is over. Then again, he may have an aggressive plan. That would not happen till around November, just to put the weak Dems on the "hot seat" to act against the enemy. I think he would do this not only to help Republicans, but to generally protect America after he leaves office.
    Hmmmm, clever thinking... And I suppose the KIND of strike[bombing run/not invasion] against Iran might be a short affair too, so he could be determined to 'do it' but not be pressed for time. An October strike would put USA on a 'war-footing' and any reprecussions would need be handled with an iron fist,... no crumpets and tea parties from Obamarama love-festing foriegn-policies,...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast