MSDS Books

Thread: MSDS Books

MSDS Books

I've just found out that we need to have MSDS books on all of our trucks. I've searched online, and someone is selling a book for $100 for HVAC companies - does anyone know of another place to get one?

Make you own, alot cheaper.

Just download and print the forms from the INTERNET. I get mine from the United Refrigeration website.
    Print them for all the things that are hazardous in your shop/service vehicle, put in a book with a table of contents.

I only have to keep one copy in the office, not in all my vans, and let all know where it is at.

I think all you need is a 2 or 3 ring binder and materials suppliers are required to provide MSDS's for everything they sell to you. No copyright on MSDS so get one copy and reproduce it on the copier.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

When i was doing com/ind service..we had to have MSDS books in our trucks.
    We did alot of work at Utility providers facilities. They would ask at the gate to see it. If you didnt have it...you weren't getting in.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

hearthman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*

Exclamation

Technically, the MSDS book should be in the workplace. If your workplace is a truck, then that is where it should be. It is also practical. We had a case where a tech was repairing some marble and the new mother freaked over the fumes killing her newborn baby! We had to drop what we were doing, find the MSDS sheet on the epoxy and fax it over to her pediatrician's office. Since then, we had the sheets on the trucks and have had numerous occasions to show them to homeowners to allay fears. We've also been hit by OSHA on sites and were darn lucky we had them because in each case, the inspector told us that would have been a fine for not having them along with our daily walk around truck inspections, PPE, first aid kits, one man CPR certified, etc.

No mfr. can refuse your request. If you cannot find it online, call and the will fax it right over.

BTW, you need to show proof where once a year you review all the msds sheets with the staff to answer any questions they have.

HTH,
    Hearthman

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I think all you need is a 2 or 3 ring binder and materials suppliers are required to provide MSDS's for everything they sell to you. No copyright on MSDS so get one copy and reproduce it on the copier.

That is the way I have done it in several buildings. You will need one set in the truck and one in the office or shop.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam