Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    48 DA that has to be 30 years old With those old warp switch pilots and control after control and no two were the same I think that was because some went on fire

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    just wondering why the old one didnt go down the same way the new one came up?
    That's a good question... The wall behind the unit is "L" shaped. we dropped it down with one on one side of the L and one on the other. The only contact was with the roof edge flashing. I couldn't see getting it up so easily as getting it down, so I left the old one where no-one can see it.

Yup 48DAs had the bi-metal/glo-coil pilots... Building opened in 1968. Some pilots where changed out to Johnson G-sometime before I took the building over 20 years ago this month. The rest are the same old bi-metals. I've never had a fire or anything, but a couple of the old heat exchangers show ancient signs of delayed ignition. I just keep on changing the glo-coils on the rest and away they go. They are on their last legs if only for availability and price of parts. Some parts on the 012s are way out of hand from OEM. 006s not so bad yet. They even built up economizers for these units that still work.

Can't kill these units. The guys give them a coat of paint every couple of years. Undoubtedly thicker than the steel by now
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

We took over a bank that had a 48da years back. IT was installed IN THE BASEMENT lol Yup you read rite in the basement

You don't see that very often

Nice,
    Ken

I told my coworker to use PHOTOBUCKET!

I uploaded the picture to my photobucket. Was even able to resize it on photobucket to make it look like this

Yeah mesaHVAC doesn't see too much hackery. Most of their accounts are GOOD! I haven't been to the job he's talking about. But I sure heard about it. Two units side by side both with a new comp and the old one pushed behind the new one. Right up against the coil too!

Well, if they want better service now, they better expect to pay us to remove them old turds. More than likely, those systems could use a new filter and triple evac. Because anyone who would do work like that.... .well, you get the idea!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Got a building where the service contractor they regularly use takes everything off the roof, even the old ice machines from the restuarant get the same tratment. Thrown in the space between two buildings. @ 25 years worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Got a building where the service contractor they regularly use takes everything off the roof, even the old ice machines from the restuarant get the same tratment. Thrown in the space between two buildings. @ 25 years worth.
    BWAAAAHHH!

That probably is a site to see!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

crap, I gave my self a hernia having to lift one of those orange boat anchors out of one unit and almost did it again on another. It never occurred to me to just leave it in and pipe another come next to it. sheesh. I need to start thinking outside the box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12