Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

surprise in ac unit

today i was called out by a controls company that we do mechanical work for aske us to check a unit that kept blowing a fuse on there controller present contractor could not figure were short was so needless to say found the short corrected problem not the fact that the other contractor couldnt figure it out that bothered me it was the surprisethat he left inside the compressor compartment showed customer now we might be picking up this account and have to fix all the mistakes with the other equipment and if this is what the other contractor was doing who nows what other surprises are in store for us
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't really make out exactly what I am looking at might be my damn bifocals though. What I can make out looks like a Trane compressor with no compressor terminals hooked up to it.

The compressor on the right is upside down... Please don't tell me its connected
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I don't think that's a 19i or whatever the dual comp trane is

copeland scroll replaced the climatuf?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    The compressor on the right is upside down... Please don't tell me its connected
    LOL Yea I can see that now. I do see the legs at the top now. That is funny.

Judging from the round wire grille over the fan, it must be atleast 7.5 tons or larger in capacity?

...but the old compressor was soo hEveeey!

Or is that a spare for the next changeout? Proactivity in action!
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

It's required per code 666.08 they're in a wind zone

comp

yeah that is a comp upside down but no its not hooked up but the lazy bastard that replaced that one with a copeland and didnt bother taking the old one out instead he just ramed next the coil he didnt even have onough room to bolt the other one down its a 5 ton commercial trane with variable speed blower the funny thing is i found the unit right next to it the bastard did the same thing

Makes it tougher for the bad guys to carry the condensing unit away though

I have to admit... I walk by a 5hp compressor everytime I do a PM on a 48DA I take care of... I changed out the compressor about 3 or 4 years ago. I just left the old Carlisle compressor behind the unit under the econo inlet. It's nothing to do with being lazy, I can't get it off the roof without doing some visible damage to the building. A wall goes up behind the unit and faces the front of the building. It made of that colour-coded concrete on styrofoam stuff. Try hard and you can push your fingers through it. I'd tear through that so fast it would hurt. And the drop point is an aluminum canopy that angles down at 45 degrees for 5' or 6' before it drops to the ground... So the compressor stays on the roof until a passing crane can haul it down... My guilt... At least I didn't leave it in the unit
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I have to admit... I walk by a 5hp compressor everytime I do a PM on a 48DA I take care of... I changed out the compressor about 3 or 4 years ago. I just left the old Carlisle compressor behind the unit under the econo inlet. It's nothing to do with being lazy, I can't get it off the roof without doing some visible damage to the building. A wall goes up behind the unit and faces the front of the building. It made of that colour-coded concrete on styrofoam stuff. Try hard and you can push your fingers through it. I'd tear through that so fast it would hurt. And the drop point is an aluminum canopy that angles down at 45 degrees for 5' or 6' before it drops to the ground... So the compressor stays on the roof until a passing crane can haul it down... My guilt... At least I didn't leave it in the unit
    so YOU have a plausable excuse.......not this other dude. Laziness, the root of most pi$$ poor jobs........
    Yeah, I can see the property owner wanting to ditch that company......I would do the same thing.

I had a school district a few years ago that my employer managed to underbid the previous contractor and take the contract. I found so bloody many dead compressors kicked to the rear of compressor compartments I couldn't stand it. I must have taken 80 to 100 5 to 7.5 ton compressors off of rooftops and out of units behind bushes it was ridiculous.
    The former service company got the contract back by underbidding us pretty badly and I imagine compressor are being kicked to the rear again.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

just wondering why the old one didnt go down the same way the new one came up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast