Carrier 50zlf040 factory config

I found the condenser fans coming on out of sequence, so I was scrolling through the factory config and found that the unit size was set to 024...Fine, I set it to 40 to match the unit nameplate and it wouldn't take it. Carrier tech support had no advice and would get back with me. I tried different numbers until I got 42 to stick and the fans, compressors and unloaders worked in sequence............This was yesterday.......Today I come across an 070 sized unit on another building that wasn't bringing the fans on correctly and the config was set to 034......Again, I tried to input 070 and it wouldn't take. I set it to 074 and unit runs correctly..........Carrier has not gotten back to me yet, so I was hoping ya'll could help me out

Has anyone replaced the PSIO module or reloaded the software into the PSIO recently?

Did you perform a Data Reset after you changed the unit size? Any time you change the factory/field config, you need to do a data reset.

The unit sizes you are getting the PSIO to accept are for a different unit. A 50ZL should be one of the following 030,035,040,050,060,070,075,090,105 and should match the unit model number. A similiar 50FP would be one of the following 034,044,054,064,074,084,108 and some of the sizes dont match the model number like a 50FP078 is 75tons and unit size 074.

I would start by getting the software version out of the PSIO & the PSIO part number, then have Carrier match it to the unit model and serial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Did you try 44 that seies of unit was 024,028,034,038 and so on .Do you have the hsio or are you looking at it with a laptop