Do I Need to do the AC and Humidifier Now?

I am going ahead with the rheem RGFD modulating furnace. I was thinking about replacing the central AC too. The plan was also to put in a general aire bypass humidifier (1042). but now that i am thinking about it, should i not bother with the AC? my current AC works fine. its a 1995 model. i think its a york, i cant remember. its seer 10.5. the furnace is costing me money in utilities being 33 years old and so the rationale to replace it now is to help reduce utilities and to avoid a breakdown and panic to get it replaced. but if the AC goes i am sure i can get it replaced at that time. then again, maybe its better to do it at the same time as the furnace. what say you?

same with the humidifier... i dont really need it for the summer, do i? should i just wait until the fall to get one put in and save that money now?

money is an issue. i am already over budget with the furnace but i think going with the mod is the right thing to do. so now i am trying to adjust costs where possible.

thanks for your advice

Certainly can do just the furnace now and do the humidifier and A/C later. If you are looking at the humidifier soon, probably would be cheaper to do it now since we aren't talking thousands like with an A/C.

this is probably a dumb question: but does one need a humidifier in the summer? from what i gather you want to remove moisture from the air in the summer so that the air has less heat capacity.

what about an air filter? i was going to get the alergy gold filter but should i consider some of these more elaborate filters?

I guess you could need a humidifier if your climate in Canada is extremly dry in the summer. Most of the time the humidity is to high so as you stated is more of a removal issue in the summer.

Regarding the furnace, I thought the blower was part of the furnace so to match the new AC when you get it may not be easy. Does the new furnace have a variable speed blower? The pros can give you better info I'm sure.