Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    could be worse, they didn't get the money, that lengthy peice of lineset there, and its run exterior the wall too!! seen them leave the trane condenser alone here, but take every bit of exposed linset talk about PITA!! how you supposed to keep the lineset locked down??

dont have this problem on the water, units are too high to get to without a ladder there's an idea, put it on a stand 12ft in the air
    The owner will be constucting a cage and redheading it to the wall before I even start to replace the unit so this shouldn't be a problem again. As far as the lineset goes, I think the only tool these guys had was a 5/16 to open up the cabinet. All of the lines were broken by hand by working it or twisting it. I found no snip marks anywhere. It would've taken them too much time to open up the chase cover since there is about a dozen or so tapcons holding it to the wall.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

VETO PRO PAC - The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Otech, I thought it was the ACCA building. Over there behind OBT and I think John Young. Hey I was close anyway. It doesn't matter but it would have been ironic to have had the HVAC school hit. I haven't had anything hit up here, but it's coming soon. Louisville and Lexington are taking hits, while Frankfort is good for now.
    I left just after Seminole High school got hit. They took everything off a two story roof in one night, in the middle of a no sleep ghetto.
    Them Meth heads are getting some sh!t that makes them a ninja in the night!!!
    Good luck to ya' down in O town

Quote Originally Posted by reepersteve View Post
    Otech, I thought it was the ACCA building. Over there behind OBT and I think John Young. Hey I was close anyway. It doesn't matter but it would have been ironic to have had the HVAC school hit. I haven't had anything hit up here, but it's coming soon. Louisville and Lexington are taking hits, while Frankfort is good for now.
    I left just after Seminole High school got hit. They took everything off a two story roof in one night, in the middle of a no sleep ghetto.
    Them Meth heads are getting some sh!t that makes them a ninja in the night!!!
    Good luck to ya' down in O town
    Man when did the seminole high hit happen? I don't remember hearing about it. It takes some serious balls and manpower to do a job like that. How did they gain access to the roof? The only good thing that comes out of this kinda stuff is more work, especially since it's slow right now.

Take it easy Reeper.

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

Well lets see, I left in 06' so I am guessing around late 05'. I couldn't believe it took place either. There was some large equipment up there.
    They scaled the wall some how and ninja-ed their way through the night. I hung out around Thirteenth St. on many occasions with the brothers and that place don't seem to sleep, especially the cops. If I can remember it was done on like a Sunday night when school was operating the next morning.
    That tweeker ninja dust will make you able to do some stealthy sh!t.
    I guess staying up for a couple of 24 hour periods at a time you could plan just about anything.
    I can't professionally say that I've tried the stuff, but if you have enough time to plan, it's all good!

(Hey, off topic. I just saw gauges for 417,422a and 422d. I am not familiar with that refer. Dealt with a lot of different stuff but that don't ring a bell.)

Any way that was a heist that always comes to mind when I hear about Cu theft, being a piper at heart.

Well lets see, I left in 06' so I am guessing around late 05'. I couldn't believe it took place either. There was some large equipment up there.
    They scaled the wall some how and ninja-ed their way through the night. I hung out around Thirteenth St. on many occasions with the brothers and that place don't seem to sleep, especially the cops. If I can remember it was done on like a Sunday night when school was operating the next morning.
    That tweeker ninja dust will make you able to do some stealthy sh!t.
    I guess staying up for a couple of 24 hour periods at a time you could plan just about anything.
    I can't professionally say that I've tried the stuff, but if you have enough time to plan, it's all good!

(Hey, off topic. I just saw gauges for 417,422a and 422d. I am not familiar with that refer. Dealt with a lot of different stuff but that don't ring a bell.)

Any way that was a heist that always comes to mind when I hear about Cu theft, being a piper at heart.
    That's a new one. HA HA! ninja dust. You crack me up man.

I think that the 417, 422a and d are low/med temp juice. The 417a is supposed to be a drop-in for 22 in process cooling or refer boxes.

I'm sure you'll do another nice install. You can probably just replace the outdoor unit to match the indoor unit I assume? This can't be fun to deal with, especially when you've worked on and installed the unit. I bet it was tough to find. Looks like it was an XR12 or XR13.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I'm sure you'll do another nice install. You can probably just replace the outdoor unit to match the indoor unit I assume? This can't be fun to deal with, especially when you've worked on and installed the unit. I bet it was tough to find. Looks like it was an XR12 or XR13.
    Yeah I was shocked to find it like that especailly since I had just checked out the day before. We will do an exact replacement. It was a Trane XR13, 4ton, straight cool. It should happen next week and when it does I will post a link in here for the WOP thread.

looks like it put up a helluva fight in the bushes before they gave up and ran away. Must be one of the new cage fighter condensers TAPOUT!!

Do you have any pics of the new installation?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Do you have any pics of the new installation?

Yep here's the link to the thread in the WOP. I think it turned out OK.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....14#post1858414

Nice job O-tech. Great recovery and display. You know how to work, man.
    You said something about a parifit wall and more units to do, have fun.
    Til' next time, great job
    reeper
    P.S. Where did you learn to bend the liquid line like that? Just wondering, please give reply.

Nice job O-tech. Great recovery and display. You know how to work, man.
    You said something about a parifit wall and more units to do, have fun.
    Til' next time, great job
    reeper
    P.S. Where did you learn to bend the liquid line like that? Just wondering, please give reply.
    Reeper are you talking about this:

I think I figured that out on my own a long time ago. It makes sense to me instead of using fittings to make it hit the service valve, I will just use a swept offset, bend the 3/8" line on a larger radius than the suction line, or start the bend later/ higher than the suction line. This is in soft of course. I can do really mild offsets in hard 3/8" without cooking the temper out of it. I figured that it's better for the flow of the refer to make turns in long sweeps or offsets rather than using fittings.

yeah we are just going to be moving this one next to some 10 ton splits that are already in front of the building after the wall goes up. It shouldn't be too bad though.

Thanks for the comments man.

It aint that bad up here in Orange Park, but I would hate for some meth head to make the turn heading for one of my units disregarding the warning signs and get eaten by one of my pit bulls.
    "Here in Carolina We Get-R-Done"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast