Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ghetto gold aftermath

This is at a building materials warehouse where we have a PM acct at. We installed this almost 2 years ago for a classroom/ training area. It isn't used a lot so it's not critical right now. I was there yesterday and checked this unit out. It was running perfectly until thieves decided to rip off the coil overnight.

This what I saw when I returned this morning to finish up what I was doing. I couldn't believe it. This unit is right out in front of the place but had no cage obviously.

Good thing this chain and lock was installed because it really stopped them. LOL. When I was PM'ing this one I thought it was silly to have this on here but what do I know.

If some of you guys thought that the thieves actually took the coil home to cut it up and scrap it out, guess again. I found it around the side of the building stuffed up under a palmetto bush.

This is really the saddest part of the whole thing is that it was for nothing. I guess since Trane doesn't use copper tubes in thier CU coils and they found out about it after they ripped it out they didn't bother hauling it off. Either that or they stashed it for later. After I took the pics I went inside to talk to someone about it and they had no idea that it happened until I showed the pics to him. Funny thing is that some of the employees walked past it to go inside and didn't say anything.

At least we're getting the repair work out of it, although at the expense of the insurance co. policy holders.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

VETO PRO PAC - The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Around here, they know better and leave the Choo Choos and old Carrier rounds alone!

Quote Originally Posted by orlandotech View Post

Why did you install an additional drier? Tranes come with a factory installed copper shell drier.

looks like all the parts are there. surely you can put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    ...AND post it on the wall of pride!!
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    The manager jokingly asked if I could fix it and I answered with Sean Penn's line from fast times at ridgemont high " It's okay. My dad is a TV repairman. He has this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. ". At first he didn't know why I said that until I told him where it came from then it brought back a memory and he started to laugh a lot. I told him it would be better to replace it.

I wouldn't mind the challenge and know it would be no sweat to ressurect it from the dead but I don't think he would want the bill after I was done.

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deaztrailnutz View Post
    Why did you install an additional drier? Tranes come with a factory installed copper shell drier.
    The helper I had decided it was a good idea to put it in until i told him that there was already a factory one installed inside and showed him where it was. It doesn't hurt it but doesn't really help much either. No biggie, just a little wasted time and money.

I will update this in WOP when I install the new one.

Why do you think they call it dope???
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Hey Otech, That building looks familiar. Were is that at? If you don't want to post it PM me. I hope it is not were I think it is! I am not located in Orlando anymore, but it looks familiar.

Whats up with the chain? Are all the condensors around there chained like that?

could be worse, they didn't get the money, that lengthy peice of lineset there, and its run exterior the wall too!! seen them leave the trane condenser alone here, but take every bit of exposed linset talk about PITA!! how you supposed to keep the lineset locked down??

dont have this problem on the water, units are too high to get to without a ladder there's an idea, put it on a stand 12ft in the air
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by reepersteve View Post
    Hey Otech, That building looks familiar. Were is that at? If you don't want to post it PM me. I hope it is not were I think it is! I am not located in Orlando anymore, but it looks familiar.
    Wuddup Reeper. Long time , no see. I don't give a sh*t if anyone knows where it is. It's Stock Building Supply ( formerly Smythe Lumber ) near the corner of All American blvd and Edgewater dr in the Rosemont area. It's a few miles north of SilverStar rd where a lot of orlando's supply houses are at Where did U think it was in Orl? Nowadays it doesn't seem to matter where your at. The meth heads will find you. When I saw it I kinda took it personally because I service this unit for them and had just looked it over the day before and it was running really good. Now it's just a wad of steel and plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Whats up with the chain? Are all the condensors around there chained like that?
    No this is the first time I have seen a unit chained up and as I noted before I thought that it was a goofy idea since most of the time they strip the units down for the good stuff and leave the rest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast