ec-67 SNVT_HVAC_Overid

I need to code an nvo of snvt_hvac_overid. Does anyone know the math to do this. What I want to do is send an output of HVO_Maximum to vav boxes. based on an HEAT_MAX application mode from the ahu. I think I can do this with a type translator but it seems it might be easier in the EC-67.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I think you're SOL. You can't configure a freeprog nvo as SNVT_hvac_overid - it's not one of the available selections. You can do SNVT_hvac_emerg, but that will open the dampers, not set them at max flow.

ctrlguy, that was my first thought because this SNVT was not an option in the 'Network Var Outputs' ->type selection but then I added a function block in LonMaker and an nvo. There I changed the snvt to hvac_overid and it show up that way now in the Network Var Outputs list. If I use 0,0,0 in the EC-67 I get HVO_Off, 0, 0 monitored at the fb output. I tried 7,0,0 but that didn't work. If I use 17, 0, 0 the result looks like HVO_Maximum, 10.54, 0 but the input at the VAV conrtoller still reads HVO_Off,0,0. I suspect that you are correct but was hoping for a solution. It looks so close.

I have used this before to send a 'full' switch snvt. Looking at the format now I wonderif I might be able to make it work.

*NETWORK VARIABLE OUTPUT WITH A SNVT_SWITCH*****
    The percentage and status is sent with the same variable in the SNVT_switch format
    SNVT_switch, resolution = 0,5%, lengh = 2 bytes
    1. 1st byte = 0-100% value
    Value is multiplied by 2 to match the resolution and by 256 to go in the 1st byte
    2. 2nd byte = On/Off value
    COMPRESSOR_ENA = ALM_PCT * 2 * 256 + ALM_STATE

Interesting. Lonwatcher would not let me change the type to hvac_overid (nor did the plug-in). You might try creating an NVL in your iLON, default it to HVO_maximum and bind it to a freeprog nvi and see what the value is in the plug-in.

I tried that now and it does not work. Everything looks ok but the value recieved by the ec-67 is all wrong.

I believe you are trying to manipulate a 5 byte SNVT, and ec-67 can only handle 2 byte nvs, so as far as I know you are sol.