Confused Trane Water Source Heat Pumps

Has anybody experienced evaporator leaks in Trane® GEVA or GEHA water source heat pumps. We have installed a number of these in high end residential applications with earth coupled condensers. We have had 50% failure rates per address and Trane® contends that we are the only contractor in the nation with this failure rate. We have experienced replacement coils leaking on start-up and one with a u-bend missing. They still contend that we are the only contractor with this problem. We service a residence with 9 units installed by a rival contractor and have experienced the same failure rate.

Please comment on this as we are havig difficulty believine that we are alone in this.

Check the serial # on your failures sound like a late Friday shift at the plant if they are all close.

Crack

Someone was smoking crack at the Trane factory for sure. Worked on Trane water source for a long time and dont really have these issues. Only issue I have with tranes is replacing their stupid TXV's

Angry Trane Water Source Heat Pumps

Since my first posting asking for experiences with Trane Water Source Heat Pump coil leaks, we have had 4 more failures on evaporator coils on different units. The residence has 7 water source heat pumps and we are now at 100% failure rate. The most recent coils were discovered leaking after running the units in the heat mode and getting head pressures over 300 PSIG. These remaining coils were indicating leaks (very small). We are now in the process of replacing these coils. We have had a different experience with the replacement coils from the same plant (McGreggor, TX). The replacement coils leaked worse than the original ones. These leaks were at the u-bend solder joints and we even had one u-bend completely missing. Trane has not admitted fault with the original coils (Last one removed and tested had 39 identifiable leaks) and have offered no explanation to low quality control with replacement coils. Our experience has indicated that these coils leak after operating in the heat mode. This cannot be an isolated incident. is there anybody out there that has experienced this?

I hadn't had any leak either.

cheap copper and bad workman ship

have heard of this problem before from bloke i know but that was on air cooled condensors from trane, also seen it on york units and was told coils were made in malaysia not australia anymore

Trane GEVA leaks

I know this post is 3 years old, but I have a high end high rise condo complex that has hundreds of these GEVA Trane water source H/P's with cooling towers on the roof. We have had nothing but problems with these leaking. We have replaced about 6 units as well and a couple of those are leaking now too. Did you ever get anywhere with Trane on this?

I have the Trane Water Source Heat Pump in my high rise condo (WPVJ). A refrigerant leak was found at the solder joint where the steel tube from the condenser connects to the copper tubing. It could not be repaired with solder and now I am looking to get a new condensor which has to be manufacured and shipped to Hawaii. Involves a lot of $, mostly labor.