Thread: 06D ' phase barrier ' re & re

Post Likes

06D ' phase barrier ' re & re

I have been playing with 06Ds for near 30 years and have yet to have to replace the ' phase barrier ' ( the plastic terminal isolator on the terminal block - part # 06DA503674 ) on one.

I received a new rebuilt 06DM from Carrier last week, and when our forklift driver was moving it, toppled the thing over and it broke the phase barrier - the brass terminal studs appear unscathed, just the plastic is broken badly - my question, the brass nuts on the studs appear imbedded into the plastic to some degree - is there a special procedure or trick or special tool to re & re??

The Carrier parts guy was no help and I don't want to screw things up.

Thanks in advance - - -

Dave Beauchesne CM
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

Post Likes
    There should be nuts on the bottom side as well. Just watch the terminal studs while you turn the nuts to make sure that the studs don't rotate. The nuts shouldn't be recessed into the plastic. I think that there is also a screw in the middle that you will need to remove.
    mike

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freonguy View Post

I have been playing with 06Ds for near 30 years and have yet to have to replace the ' phase barrier ' ( the plastic terminal isolator on the terminal block - part # 06DA503674 ) on one.
    I received a new rebuilt 06DM from Carrier last week, and when our forklift driver was moving it, toppled the thing over and it broke the phase barrier - the brass terminal studs appear unscathed, just the plastic is broken badly - my question, the brass nuts on the studs appear imbedded into the plastic to some degree - is there a special procedure or trick or special tool to re & re??

The Carrier parts guy was no help and I don't want to screw things up.
    Thanks in advance - - -

Dave Beauchesne CM

Dave,
    Here's everything you wanted to know about 06D's but was afraid to ask:
    http://www.carlylecompressor.com/Fil...ver_LOWRES.pdf

See Fig. 17 on Page #111.

Jabs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in