Honeywell Excel problems

Have a jobsite with a control panel containing the following honeywell components

w7750b constant volume controller
    w7761a remote input/output
    w7760c plant controller

The customer has no way to acess system to change setpoints so i purchased a honeywell s7760a command display to have a way to look at the system.

Wired controller 24v power and wired bus wiring and powered system up but it tells me that it cannot log on and a list of other failures. I am not faimilar with the controls at all-- can anybody guide me in the right direction??

Did you set it up with LonSpec?

Are you asking if i set the command display controller with lonspec??
    If so -- no i did not . Just assumed that it was plug and play.

Is lonspec avaiable for free?

Damn. Visited honeywell site and i see that nothing in this world is free.
    Spent 500 bucks on a command display for nothing. Guess i will need to by the software. Damn. another 300 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chill View Post
    Damn. Visited honeywell site and i see that nothing in this world is free.
    Spent 500 bucks on a command display for nothing. Guess i will need to by the software. Damn. another 300 bucks.
    Words of wisdom:
    If you don't know it, don't buy it!
    There is a lot more to it than plug & play even with the other $300 bucks, and if your not familiar with controls, I would recommend not messing with it, you not doing your customer a cheap favor, and it may (probably will) bite you big time..

I know you have good intent, but unless you know those controllers, and how they work, don't touch.

okay Iam done, nuff said
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Thumbs up Lonspec

You are also going to need the original Lonspec database in order to tie the CD into the system. CD needs to have points programmed into it in order to see them. I have Lonspec if you need it. Contact me off line. Thanks. Mike

Not sure if you have this solved but as the others mentioned you will need the LonSpec software to configure the S7760A. The nice thing is once the S7760A is commissioned it is a simple user interface for the customer to use for monitoring, set point changes, schedule chages, etc. If you need any pdf files on the LonSpec software or the command display let me know. I think the feature most over looked in the LonSpec software is the help screens. Althought this is a watered down software package compared to AX or R2, on simple control sequences like CVAHU, VAV, Pressure Dependent Zoning, Chiller/Boiler Pad, etc. LonSpec makes programming simple and you only have to buy the software once and you can use it on as many jobs as you like.

Let me know if I can help.

oldhweller,
    would like a copy of lonspec. My e-mail is in my profile.
    thanks for the help