Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The World According to NINAX - Driving

The government needs to do something useful like:

Tie drivers licenses to employment, with restricted hours exceptions. Absolutely NO further exceptions especially if you're sucking on the government tit, like welfare or social security.

exceptions: one hour in the morning 6:30 - 7:30 and one hour in the afternoon 2:45 - 3:45. This would be mainly for high school students, but the Q-tips could take advantage also. Full time college students would exempted.

If you don't have a job, you don't drive, that simple. That way you can stay out of the way of the productive, tax paying people.

This is only Readers Digest version, but you get my drift.

So, what about the retired, the volunteers, the 'independently wealthy' ? Those searching for work etc. ?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    So, what about the retired, the volunteers, the 'independently wealthy' ? Those searching for work etc. ?
    Retired: STAY OFF THE ROAD, %$*# Q-TIP! so you're not in the way!

Volunteers: Utilize the restricted hours, otherwise, STAY OFF THE ROAD!

Independently wealthy: Go somewhere nice and do something, or do nothing. Either way, Utilize the restricted hours, otherwise, STAY OFF THE ROAD!

Job search: Three pass from the company you're going to with appointment time. you get one hour before, one hour for interview, and one hour after.

If you're not contributing to the taxes, GET OUT OF THE WAY.
    Oh yeah, it will save the environment and might lower gas prices.

What would your policies on Drinking be..???
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Guess if you're not allowed to drive then drinking might be all you'd be able to do ....

Hope no-one has to make an emergency visit to the hospital that doesn't have a job...!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Guess if you're not allowed to drive then drinking might be all you'd be able to do ....

Hope no-one has to make an emergency visit to the hospital that doesn't have a job...!
    Remember, I said Readers Digest version.

Clear the roads, increase productivity, decrease traffic incidents, and lower gas prices.

The US is designed poorly.

Rather than adopt the European method of town and country the US sprawls everything out in generic subdivisions and strip malls. The result is everyone is fat because they don't walk anywhere. Health insurance costs go up.

So, everyone needs to use their car. And all the roads need extra maintenance, and when the streets get more crowded you lower the speed limits, add lights and hand out more tickets and add more cops to write those tickets.

And, since everyone is afraid of roving bands of pervs after their children, they drive their kids to school and every other function, in line with the school busses that are well under capacity wasting more time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    The US is designed poorly.

Rather than adopt the European method of town and country the US sprawls everything out in generic subdivisions and strip malls. The result is everyone is fat because they don't walk anywhere. Health insurance costs go up.

So, everyone needs to use their car. And all the roads need extra maintenance, and when the streets get more crowded you lower the speed limits, add lights and hand out more tickets and add more cops to write those tickets.

And, since everyone is afraid of roving bands of pervs after their children, they drive their kids to school and every other function, in line with the school busses that are well under capacity wasting more time and money.
    You are pretty smart. I thought so. Now we just need to get you out of the LNS world and move you up into the AX world.

Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    The government needs to do something useful like:

Tie drivers licenses to employment, with restricted hours exceptions. Absolutely NO further exceptions especially if you're sucking on the government tit, like welfare or social security.

exceptions: one hour in the morning 6:30 - 7:30 and one hour in the afternoon 2:45 - 3:45. This would be mainly for high school students, but the Q-tips could take advantage also. Full time college students would exempted.

If you don't have a job, you don't drive, that simple. That way you can stay out of the way of the productive, tax paying people.

This is only Readers Digest version, but you get my drift.
    The old farts are a pain in the ass. Is there a unwritten law somewhere that only old, slow, and indecisive drivers must drive Buick's? Is there a governor limiting these vehicles to a 35 mph cap?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    The old farts are a pain in the ass. Is there a unwritten law somewhere that only old, slow, and indecisive drivers must drive Buick's? Is there a governor limiting these vehicles to a 35 mph cap?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the 70+ crowd and Buick connection...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the 70+ crowd and Buick connection...
    No doubt, I would say 90% of the time some old fart is driving like stevie wonder. They are in a Buick.

and lets not forget the groovy whole head wrap around sunglasses..those are cool too.
    Last edited by freddy-b; 04-18-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    and lets not forget the groovy whole head wrap around sunglasses..those are cool too.
    I think they are really blinders, and probably AARP recommended, based on the popularity.

this a great idea, lets throw the Constitution in a fire and call it a day.........

those "old farts/retired folks" probably fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam to protect your right to be an idiot.

So are you going to volunteer to give up your license when you turn 62. I doubt it

How are you going to enforce this/these "rules"? who is going to enforce them

What about soccer moms/Dads taking there kids to before/after school activities?

What about senior going to visit his/her spouse at a Hospice? you going to tell them to say off the road? You going to tell them they got to get out OF YOUR WAY, you must be special

I know about a dozen guy over 70 still driving motocycles, i dare you to tell them to get off the road, they will drive circles around your sorry butt

How are those 'welfare' folks suppose to get to the grocery store?

Gee, it a shame your in such a hurry, EVERYONE IS IN YOUR WAY

This is quite possibly the most arrogant thing I have read on this forum....ever
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast