+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Granbury TX or Surrounding?

Post Likes

Granbury TX or Surrounding?

Looking to move to the Granbury area in the near future, and was wondering if there was much in the way of jobs in the area?

Right now I'm working for a company running four 2k ton chillers, steam boilers and hot water boilers. I know Metasys and Johnson pretty good, but somehow I doubt there are many central plants in the Granbury area.

Might just find a standard HVAC job, but I have no clue what all is out there.

Post Likes
    Are you a maintenence guy, if you are try Baylor Allsaints Hospital,and ask for the Engineering Dept., it is in Fort Worth,also there is a Harris Hospital nearby
    Tim Collier
    "Email Address in signature Removed by Mod's"

Post Likes

Yah

I would not object to a maintenance position as long as I got some hands on time with the equipment rather than contracting everything out.

Nothing will kill my spirit faster than having to call contractors every time something small goes wrong with a piece of equipment.

EDIT: Actually I went to school for HVAC though and I have worked for a small company here in Dallas until they let me go due to lack of business. Why im trying to decide if I want to give AC another shot ( probably a cut in pay ) or just keep looking for something along the lines of what im doing now.

Post Likes
    What are you doing now?
    Tim Collier
    "Email Address in signature Removed by Mod's"

Post Likes

Well

I run a central plant consisting of the items I listed above, plus a ton of air handlers / VAVs / package units etc...

Most of my time is spent behind a computer or doing PMs on these systems.

I still do some general maintenance work when it calls though like plumbing/electrical/refrigeration or whatever else arises as a emergency that cant wait.

Post Likes
    Hey Jingo,

Sure wish we were hiring at the museum right now. I'd recommend you. We're busy as hell and could use a hand...have to wait till I can get a new position funded.

The Kimbell is looking for a part time guy...you might drop by there to see if the head guy might be interested in making it full time.

Fort Worth has several hospitals with central plants; you might also try some of the companies that service office towers and campuses, such as Entech. Tarrant County College is another possibility...don't know if they're looking but I know at least one of their campuses has a plant...the one I'm attending at night to get my degree.

I also know several Fort Worth area contractors through my RSES chapter; they might start hiring soon once the weather stays warm and the economic incentive checks start rolling in.

It's been awhile since we've talked...give me a ring sometime...email me if you need my contact info...email in profile.

Post Likes

Oh hey

Still got your info =)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in