Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Grayslake, IL.
    Post Likes

    dishwasher problem

    I had a call from a friend who is opening his own restaurant tomorrow and needs me to hook up a vent to the dishwasher. I normally do residential hvac and am wondering what type of venting material do they use? Just curious about what I will need to buy! I didn't know that they had vents. he said it was to remove the steam.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Post Likes
    Call a exhaust hood co. The venting for steam is aluminum or SS. Has to be rated for it or it will not pass code. Ask at your supply co for a referral to a good kitchen hood manufacture if you don't already know one.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Post Likes
    Does the machine have pant leg duct? If so you will need to know a what cfm vent needed or you will pull the heat out of machine. Also if this type make sure the dampers are in both pant leg to control steam.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event