Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    You guys are pretty harsh, we give each other manuals in the controls section all the time.
    The point is that its was a member with a low post count and unknown by anyone on here, asking for a manual that is written to be used by trained/experienced technicians. I participate in the controls forum, but would not be giving manuals, default passwords or technician level advice to unknown new members.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    I don't think you read into it to far. The thread is titled ''Trane CVHE Teardown Manual''. I think that is pretty clear.
    oh yeah! i didn't think that i was that far off but it was almost 2 in the morning and i thought that i missed something.
    It's tube brushing season...93% done (39.35 miles of tubing)...only 1,242 tubes to go!

Original member of the Raccoon Brotherhood.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    The point is that its was a member with a low post count and unknown by anyone on here, asking for a manual that is written to be used by trained/experienced technicians. I participate in the controls forum, but would not be giving manuals, default passwords or technician level advice to unknown new members.

Kevin

C'mon Kevin, there are guys that start threads in the controls section that have one or two posts and we help them. There are a few going on right now. Look at USMfiz, he joined this month and has 8 posts, but he was given info (Please don't take this as a personal attack USMfiz). Also, Chiller32's post was very harsh, even told the guy not to ask for manuals that others have paid for.

I'm just saying that no one gave this guy a chance. At least give him the opportunity to give us some backround.

-JB

Isn't your avatar a reproduction of a copywritten logo and a copywritten cartoon character?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
    Isn't your avatar a reproduction of a copywritten logo and a copywritten cartoon character?
    Your welcome to turn me in.

Chiller32...you're looking at it all wrong.....You give them the manual....they either are smart enough to realize they are in over their head and call you to do the work...cuz you're such a nice guy and helped them out...or they tear into machine...machine grenadess...and you get to put it all back together....for about 5 times what the origianal job would have cost...either way "WE" will get the work in the end.....You gotta look at the "BIG" picture.....
    Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted counts.-Albert Einstein..

I think the point that some are making is, why come here & ask for a very vital manual? Why don't you have it? or why dosen't your company get it for you? He SOUNDS like someone, who dosen't know what their doing, possibly getting in over their head. If the guy just wants to have & learn from because he wants to learn more... cool by all means, but he didn't post anything like that, nor did he post why he wanted it. Most of all he has not posted back to clarify or stand up for himself. It's cool to help, but you have to communicate... nobody rides for free.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    I think the point that some are making is, why come here & ask for a very vital manual? Why don't you have it? or why dosen't your company get it for you? He SOUNDS like someone, who dosen't know what their doing, possibly getting in over their head. If the guy just wants to have & learn from because he wants to learn more... cool by all means, but he didn't post anything like that, nor did he post why he wanted it. Most of all he has not posted back to clarify or stand up for himself. It's cool to help, but you have to communicate... nobody rides for free.
    I agree 100%...Just want to yank 32's chain....he seems a little touchy about the subject....Must be having a bad week!...
    Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted counts.-Albert Einstein..

Originally Posted by wolfdog

Quote Originally Posted by chiller32 View Post
    Your welcome to turn me in.

Try some Midol, it'll be alright.

Try some Midol, it'll be alright.
    Wolfdog are you A controls dude....If so I agree...go back to your own section....no wonder 32 is pi##ed off.....
    Last edited by chillerfreak; 04-20-2008 at 12:32 AM.

No , not controls. Just watching a demonstration of what has gone wrong with a pretty good forum. I was here long before some of you heroes showed up. And there are some sharp guys that don't come around any more because of this attitude.

txhvac made a pretty balanced post. Don't give away anything if you don't want to. Don't help anybody if that is not your thing.
    But don't be rude just because you can. Would you want your wife treated that way? Or would you want to be treated that way? If someone is making a request out of bounds, say so in the manner of the professional you claim to be.

No , not controls. Just watching a demonstration of what has gone wrong with a pretty good forum. I was here long before some of you heroes showed up. And there are some sharp guys that don't come around any more because of this attitude.

txhvac made a pretty balanced post. Don't give away anything if you don't want to. Don't help anybody if that is not your thing.
    But don't be rude just because you can. Would you want your wife treated that way? Or would you want to be treated that way? If someone is making a request out of bounds, say so in the manner of the professional you claim to be.
    Here's a thought don't come to an HVAC forum looking for OEM manuals that a) you didn't pay for b) that you might not or Don't know what to do with c) stop being a cheap azz contractor/ building Eng and just pay for the professionals to fix your problem

I would expect no more from a person that resides in a right to work state, illegal alien loving, Oil industry, and worst of all Bush country. Hey cowboy don't you have some illegal day worker to pick up for the day. <-- how you like that for a demonstration of whats going wrong

Quote Originally Posted by chiller32 View Post
    Screw you this is not the controls forum Go back to your forum and piss off! I'm tired of people asking for OEM technician only manuals what part of its NOT for you don't you understand!!!!

YOU dumbazz controls clowns can give out proprietary manuals all day long one day its going to come back and haunt you like when someone reports you to a Digital rights group for making illegal copies of manuals and passing them out. Bet money the publisher that owns this forum isn't going to like that. when they get sued for letting this happen on there website.
    This is my forum tough guy. And I guess you haven't noticed that these manuals have been given out in this forum in the past and will be given out again. It's going to be a clown like you that will mess it up for everyone.

You guys don't know nh3engineer's backround, and I feel it would that it would only be fair to allow the guy to explain himself. If you guys feel that the manuals shouldn't be given out at all, then that should apply across the board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast