+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE joins the tool bag WARS

Post Likes

MILWAUKEE joins the tool bag WARS

Came across this today http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-tool-backpack/ when grandson was searching for a new back pack for school

Post Likes
    Sweet. Id like to see it in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'd look at it, kinda looks like a Veto with that rear outer pocket.

Post Likes
    its different ,but not for climbing ladders.or icy roofs think center of gravity with that over stuffed on your back , might sell to the new kid,but with wearing three to four layers in winter mobility is already an issue and getting that over the hoodie of my carharts...... tool bag is a hard sell in our trade lots of very strong opinions about everything lol

Post Likes
    I'll stick with my veto's.

Post Likes
    Been down the backpack route. As Steve mentioned above , it will change your balance going up and down ladders. I had one many moons ago and was going up a ladder and missed a rung and the weight of the bag pulled me back off the ladder onto the roof. Luckily I wasn't very far up and only got bruised some. Ladies in the office below said it sounded like a truck fell on the roof. Veto MB2 holds all I need to diagnose an issue now or at least get far enough that I know what I need from the truck. Heavy bags are no good. I have two disc bulged that are I attribute to years of carrying a tool bag that weighed way too much.

Post Likes
    One of the trades guy working in my building had one, I wasnt impressed. My Tech-pac blows it out of the water

Post Likes
    I like the built-in tie down on back for a two wheeler cart

Post Likes
    I have vowed to stop looking, at least for a while. I'm happy with my Veto XL & TP4 combination. Trying to keep up with the latest offerings was about to consume me + I kept spending money!!

Post Likes
    What ever happened to using just a tool pouch. Hanging off your shoulder.
    Remember those days

Post Likes
    Yep
    And all your tools falling out lol

Post Likes
    Never had that happen.
    After the first time.

Seems we carried just what we needed. In those days

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotlight View Post
    What ever happened to using just a tool pouch. Hanging off your shoulder.
    Remember those days
    Equipment got more complex, tools got more specialized. You can still do a lot with a multi driver and a meter, but not anywhere near as much as years past.

Post Likes
    Ok Im new to the site but here are my 2¢ . Been at this for 15 years & have had every type of tool carrying device lol . Just bought a Veto tech xl and liked it but found out quickly it's to big and heavy so it's been demoted to big jobs only which is great because it holds all my tools no running back and forth for tools or odds & ends blower motors , coil cleanings retro fits installs ect... So for my everyday service I bought the Milwaukee back pack & it's great . I made a few retrofits to it and made it even better . I added a electrical tape chain an additional tool pouch on the side which Carries my dewalt 8Volt gyroscope drill 11-1 Klein screw driver magnetic flash light , & my field piece thermometer . The main tool compartment holds all my main hand tools & my UEI DL389 which I love . Lap top compartment holds extra electrical accesories gloves , Zip ties & where the lap top goes I put my invoice clip board & extra invoices & other literature for clients ... This bag really cuts down on my trips back and forth . Oh yea and while my Veto is bullet proof this bag is a close second to it . I am thinking of buying another one especially since I found it for 69$ at another Home Depot

Post Likes
    Who cares about the backpack this is were the money is at http://goo.gl/6yStVR
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACGUY77 View Post
    Ok Im new to the site but here are my 2¢ . Been at this for 15 years & have had every type of tool carrying device lol . Just bought a Veto tech xl and liked it but found out quickly it's to big and heavy so it's been demoted to big jobs only which is great because it holds all my tools no running back and forth for tools or odds & ends blower motors , coil cleanings retro fits installs ect... So for my everyday service I bought the Milwaukee back pack & it's great . I made a few retrofits to it and made it even better . I added a electrical tape chain an additional tool pouch on the side which Carries my dewalt 8Volt gyroscope drill 11-1 Klein screw driver magnetic flash light , & my field piece thermometer . The main tool compartment holds all my main hand tools & my UEI DL389 which I love . Lap top compartment holds extra electrical accesories gloves , Zip ties & where the lap top goes I put my invoice clip board & extra invoices & other literature for clients ... This bag really cuts down on my trips back and forth . Oh yea and while my Veto is bullet proof this bag is a close second to it . I am thinking of buying another one especially since I found it for 69$ at another Home Depot
    Post some pics of your mods and how the tools are in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Check back tomorrow I'll try and figure out how to post them

Post Likes
    The previous Milwaukee bag I had fell apart in 6months.

My 12 month veto is being pounded & stills looks brand new.

The Milwaukee is only 150$'s here in oz ,,, the veto 300
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    image.jpg (83.1 KB)
    image.jpg (82.1 KB)
    image.jpg (120.2 KB)
    image.jpg (104.9 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Likes
    Sorry the pics are side ways I'm still getting comfortable using this site . The side pouch is a AWP pouch and took me 20 min to attach it . A lot of the time I don't even in zip my bag . Again this is my initial service call bag . The older I get the less big jobs I do . I guess I'm getting paid more for what I know these days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in