Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White Dust throughout the house

Over the past 4 weeks there has been an abundance of thick white powdery dust that has accumulated throughout the house. More so in the master bedroom. Any thoughts on this. I have added a air purifier (high end to correct this issue) and it does nothing but clog up the purifier. Any thoughts on this. I don't run the air conditioner often yet as the temps here in Las Vegas have not hit uncomfortable proportion yet but I don't imagine it will be much longer.

Atomizing humidifiers with hard water have this effect. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Last time I saw this, a UV light was eating the media air cleaner.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Possibly a leaking dryer vent. Could be fine lint. I find this more times than not.
    Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I have also seen UV lights eat up filters and cause this problem...

Hey Spotts you in the middle of the fires in Colorado right now??

need more info is your house on a slap or a craw iv seen this happen when the pipes in the slap gets old

Ive seen it from bypass humidifiers too.

Quote Originally Posted by PAPAJOE1212 View Post
    I don't run the air conditioner often yet as the temps here in Las Vegas have not hit uncomfortable proportion yet but I don't imagine it will be much longer.
    Is this a new house?

The high end purifier may be removing the contaminants in the air that make dust a dark color and now the staining agents are being removed and now the dust is appearing white. Just a thought.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

If its a new house or you have done recent remodeling (drywall, inside french drains, etc.) then the dust is likely from those projects.

If not, 4 weeks ago did you or someone else in your home remove and inadvertantly reinstall a dirty filter backwards?

Ron
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing well at what others say can't be done at all!

do you have a whole house humidifier? if so the evaporating water leaves behind minerals( which is a white powdery substance) that will go throughout the house. routine maintaince and a flush cycle can easily get rid of that.

sheetrock dust, humidifier residue, new white carpeting, cocaine(jk), has this been happening for a long time or something new?
    You can't fix stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast