Thread: McQuay AGZ-100-CH Compressors

Post Likes

McQuay AGZ-100-CH Compressors

A customer wants our company to have the Insulators cover the compressors on this McQuay Chiller. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Post Likes
    They want them installed? Absolutely if they are in a place where noise is an issue.

Post Likes
    Noise is typically not an issue on the AGZ, but I would agree, insulation for noise is not unheard of. Can you be more specific as to why they want them insulated?

Post Likes
    My best guess is that they believe the compressors will sweat.
    The spec. notes that all equipment is to be insulated.
    My concern is that we may end up with high head pressures.
    I would think that McQuay would have insulated them if they thought it was a good idea.

Post Likes
    There are plenty of AGZ' sout there with the compressors insulated. Mcquay sells the insulation kits specific for the scroll compressors on those units. The sole purpose for the insulation is sound attenuation and nothing else. Your head pressures will not be affected.

Post Likes
    how would insulating create a high pressure situation, it's done all the time, but i would recommend (if its a newer machine) talking to mcquay about it, like mentioned before, they could have a kit for it

Post Likes
    I would like to thank everybody for their input.
    I'm an installer, not a service tech, and I just look for the best way to install systems so that when start-up comes around we don't have any install issues.
    McQuay is going to respond to the insulation issue. The chiller well area has sound dampening components, designed to handle the noise concerns.
    Thank you all.

Post Likes
    wait till u see the price tag on those.
    Guinness for strength

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in