Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I saw some of those brands when I use to do residential.

Worked for a contractor that still sold XX Century furnaces in the early 90's.
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

Quote Originally Posted by knewguy View Post
    I saw some of those brands when I use to do residential.

Worked for a contractor that still sold XX Century furnaces in the early 90's.
    Love your rollout law but only worked on a couple oils. Reminds me that before I retire and sell the biz I still wanna go flying out the customers door screaming "It's gonna blow!!!!"
    oh well we can dream

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st65
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Very Cool Glenn
    I also have a ton of tags I have collected. I put this up in our showroom for our 50th Anniversary. I think u may have heard of us-haha
    Daryl
    Attached Images Attached Images  

this one I could not figure out how to get the tag off

Quote Originally Posted by Haley0123 View Post
    Very Cool Glenn
    I also have a ton of tags I have collected. I put this up in our showroom for our 50th Anniversary. I think u may have heard of us-haha
    Daryl
    Nice! I have many of those but they were just mounted to a piece of junk paneling. Now with no place to display the things they are in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Love your rollout law but only worked on a couple oils. Reminds me that before I retire and sell the biz I still wanna go flying out the customers door screaming "It's gonna blow!!!!"
    oh well we can dream
    I did that once. It was a 500 hp 120 lb steam boiler that they fired up and the lines were pretty full of condensate. Never seen a ten inch pipe shake 2 ft before. They asked me if that was normal and then took me to the boiler building . Started that banging and shaking right when I walked into the door. I hit the switch and ran. I ran so fast that Forest Gump couldn't catch me. their water level control was not controling right. New valve and controller = no more problems. Absolutly scared the ^%it out of me. Still would to this day but I was green on hp steam back then. I am amazed that the pipe took that kind of abuse and never leaked. Musta been a good batch of pipe and the welder was top notch. One of the best in town.
    Check out the post I'm leaving in the wall of shame on a boiler that left the building. I nicknamed that boiler "Elvis"

Worked on a G.M.Delco last winter never new they made furnaces. Old commercial building had 2 blower wheels. Had not been oiled and 3/4'' shaft wore down to a tooth pick before she quit.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Worked on a G.M.Delco last winter never new they made furnaces. Old commercial building had 2 blower wheels. Had not been oiled and 3/4'' shaft wore down to a tooth pick before she quit.
    They made tons of resi warm air furnaces in the late 40's and 50's. Bet I cleaned 5000 when I was in the military on the east coast. Lots of them in New Jersey.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    I have a few that are not on any of your lists, Kunkle, Fitzgibbons, and a few others.
    The Fitzgibbons was the most amazing look furnace I have ever seen, and have never seen on since. The furnace was huge, and the front door was shaped like a VW bug hood.

The original owner of the house said her husband ordered it from some far off place and it cost a fortune in 1940 or so she thought. It was still working perfectly when I changed it with a new one, her daughter wanted central air, how modern!

I will have to dig these out, I have a Chrysler tag that is quite elaborate.

A couple of years back, I wanted to simplify my life, so I sold about 30 brass gages and twenty or so tags. One of the steam gauges was from the early 1800's I should have sold something else. I also have some old thermostats, and some of the first modern plastic clock thermostats. Some of the early modern stats mimicked something from Star Trek, you needed a PHD to figure out how to set them as well.

I've attached a few pics these are from my home shop the one I tinker in, the business shop is much worse at the moment.
    Last edited by AtticAce; 04-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Funny. Of all the pictures I have on my Flickr site concerning everything BUT furnace tags, that Vikingmatic tag is in 4th place for most all time views.

Love the Iron Fireman, hated the slinger oil systems, but for some reason I liked them. I still know where there are 3 running
    Work sucks, lets go skydive

Quote Originally Posted by freefall View Post
    Love the Iron Fireman, hated the slinger oil systems, but for some reason I liked them. I still know where there are 3 running
    hey there Freefall. 25 here. Quit years ago. Blue Skies to ya.

I finally won an auction on an Iron Fireman ashtray! I'll post pics when it comes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast