Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Very nice collections guys

Should have gotten some I let and saw go to the dump.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Maybe you find this of some interest :

Your German Buderus boiler [white line] is in fackt a Dutch Nefit.
    The first condensing boiler left the factory in 1980.
    Nefit was founded with the help of you folks [marshall help ].[ Fasto was a brand name also used [F.A.STOkvis]]
    Before the name Nefit was used, the name ASW [automatic screw works] was common.

At the present moment Bosch is the owner of Nefit.
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The Westie Hi/Re/Li came out in the 70s, radical technology.

We saw a 50s vintage GE HP down a basement that would come on though not stay running. Incredible amount of controls & wiring. Vented through intake & exhaust ducts that run along the chimney out the roof. He refused to entertain replacing it, was bound & determined to find someone who would fix it.
    One of my customers (a doctor at that) still uses his 1954 Trane belt driven gas furnace and 1967 3-phase Armstrong condensing unit in his house. When the seasons change, he has to switch a disconnect located in his mechanical closet between "winter" and "summer" operation. Amazingly, the system operates properly, and he still refuses to think of upgrading.

1958 heat pump...wow those things can last long...i can dig that

Some of those give me nightmares :-)

Iron Fireman Chrysler air temp etc.

Great pics though
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Does anyone happen to have any older Carrier badge photos? I wouldn't mind printing up one and sticking it on my newer Carrier AHU.

I thought I was the only one that collected these. We pull some old equip. out of the military bases. I was planning to make a display for the office. Mine arent nearly as cool as those though.

Only us old timers have seen or even know that these unit exist. That is one fine collection.
    I used to have a few , but, they have gotten lost or miss placed over the years.

American Standard, Holly,Bryant,Janitrol, still have some old labels out there.

I worked on Fredrich geo thermal the other day , it was 1971.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Love that Iron Fireman logo. I never did find out who Doe Wah Jack was
    I worked on an Iron Fireman boiler that was built in 1912 (Is it possible? All you historians? Loonie?) That was stamped on the front of it. Basically, it looked like an Asbestos covered fire Hydrant. This HAD to have been moved from someplace else, because it was in the basement of a house that was built in the '40's. That was in Red Deer, Alberta - about 1990 when I fixed the boiler... Old cast iron rads throughout the house.

This was likely a wood or coal boiler in it's original time... but has since been converted to Nat. Gas. The burner was retrofitted from something else to work.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Thanks guys...I really enjoyed seeing those...since I'm not old enough to have seen any of them first hand

Quote Originally Posted by temco View Post
    I thought I was the only one that collected these. We pull some old equip. out of the military bases. I was planning to make a display for the office. Mine arent nearly as cool as those though.
    Nope. All just stickers or a plastic thingy now. Many of the old ones were solid brass

That is cool I did'nt know there were old Janitrols like that, any one ever worked on the old Mayflowers those had a cool tag of the ship pretty cool, worked on one 2 winters ago installed in 1948 built like a tank told the guy as long as we could keep the burner going ( it was in great shape) that old girl would last forever had a western electric oil pump on it but overall a solid furnace fire brick fire box not very efficent but built to last. All she needed was a transformer.
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Quote Originally Posted by pulse21 View Post
    That is cool I did'nt know there were old Janitrols like that, any one ever worked on the old Mayflowers those had a cool tag of the ship pretty cool, worked on one 2 winters ago installed in 1948 built like a tank told the guy as long as we could keep the burner going ( it was in great shape) that old girl would last forever had a western electric oil pump on it but overall a solid furnace fire brick fire box not very efficent but built to last. All she needed was a transformer.
    I have some Mayflower tags like that. As these are posted on my web site I kinda had to pick and chose

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast