Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Old Timers Check these furnace tags

Didn't know where to post but I was going through a ton of furnace name tags I have saved over the years searching for the better ones. I wanted to put some on the biz website. See how many of these you guys remember. I'll post one here but the rest of the better ones are here.
    http://flickr.com/photos/southwestdr...7604472975528/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are great! I have been collecting machinery(mostly wood and metal working) badges for a while. Trying to figure out a nice way to display them.

Wow... Great slide show of all the badges you got there! They don't make them like that anymore.. Just plastic or stickers.

You got some beauties! I should take some pix of mine like that, would take forever to cut them down and put on a black background. That looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Wow... Great slide show of all the badges you got there! They don't make them like that anymore.. Just plastic or stickers.
    No they sure don't. A couple of them have jewelry like inlays actually. I don't think I have seen any of those tags on still working equipment for twenty years.

Do you spend time in photoshop to cut out the tag and make the black background or have a simple trick?

Thumbs up

A very nice collection. Looks like you have spent some time cleaning and polishing them up. Why so many from Monroe, Michigan? Was that once a large manufacturing town? I would love to see an old Combustion Engineering, Square D or Waterbury furnace logo if you ever come across one.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Do you spend time in photoshop to cut out the tag and make the black background or have a simple trick?
    I did have to photoshop them a bit. The lighting still showed glare from the black felt I used

Quote Originally Posted by deaztrailnutz View Post
    A very nice collection. Looks like you have spent some time cleaning and polishing them up. Why so many from Monroe, Michigan? Was that once a large manufacturing town? I would love to see an old Combustion Engineering, Square D or Waterbury furnace logo if you ever come across one.
    I'll dig up a waterbury for ya. Never saw a SQD. I have about 100 more but just took pics of the better ones

Love that Iron Fireman logo. I never did find out who Doe Wah Jack was

An interresting link of brand's history http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html

Quote Originally Posted by deaztrailnutz View Post
    An interresting link of brand's history http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html
    Cool.. Thanks

Here's a few quickly snapped. Gotta learn Paint Shop Pro a little better!

We have a neighborhood that was built in the 50s all Waterbury oil furnaces. As far as I know, all gone though did see one in a crawl space last week just shoved aside! Do have 1 customer in our suburb still has hers. Probably easily could have one our oldest furnace contest last year and have a 90+ absolutely free if she had entered!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast