Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey Guys

Pricing on doing my 1st NAE and Daikin VRV2 System intergration using BACnet Gateway DMS502A51

If anyone has done this sucsessfully or knows or any problems with doing this please let me know.

Regards

PETE ( South Africa )

The biggest issue we had was that the local Daikin office had no-one with any technical knowledge on their BACnet interface.

We ended up 'finding' their setup/config software on the net and configured their device for them.

I have integrated Daikins Dbacs( Master station III they call it i think), 5 times over Bacnet.
    Three using N30, two using JCI M3i solution.
    Daikin provides a nice solid Bacnet solution, which i dare to say is plug and play (as most Bacnet integrations should be... but there NOT!!!), if there is a Daikin guy to set it up for you.
    The settings they are doing on DBacs are not so sophisticated (i have seen it myself) and propably with a manual you can do it yourself..
    The problem is that a Daikin "expert" should run and test their network from unit to unit and interface...
    Ask from them to provide you Alarm notification through Bacnet (it would a pain in the ass to create alarms for 250 VRV, believe me cause i did it...)

Daikin integration

If you are looking for something really simple (plug and play) that doesn't require any "network" prodessional from Daikin, google a third party product called "CoolMaster 1000". We are using it a lot, and it really works.

That product is looking pretty cool (not seen yet the money of course).
    But..when i an suggesting a Daikin guy to get some of the job done and installing his stuff,
    is because i am asumming (often some times, in this forum) that you are working the same way we do.. the task of creating and supportting a physical network on the Daikin side relies to Daikin vendor...If this is so i would suggest go with the Daikin product (you do not have an option actually... they will install what they believe it is better..), if this is in your scope of work (creating physical Daikin network), then you have also the option that Krondor suggests..

The thing is, that in many cases the systems are not integrated at all, cause Daikin solutions are way too expansive. In such cases, when they here about the Coolmaster, both sides are very interested...

Can you give a hint of how much this device cost?
    Is it only used for Daikin? Or can you use in other intagrations also?
    It seems interesting if the price is affordable.

It costs around 1000 Euro's...
    They have also a similar device for Sanyo VRF as well. But you better ask them directly
    h

Thats a very good price....
    I can say that if you step in a project that you find VRV already installed wired and addresses, you can bid the job with that price as you only need to wire external units and interface them..
    If the project is ongoing and Daikin contractor is in the job i would prefer to through the ball in his court, him to setup the network and pay the 1500 to 2500 Euros he wants, as long as i would only wire to his interface and get the points.

What would be your opinion?

You are absolutely right. However, it depends on who is standing against you in the project. I mean, not always the aircon installer can configure the Lon and Bacnet interfaces and not always and not everywhere they get a sufficient support from the distributor. In that case, if the customers still wants everything to be integrated its quite a problem (from the aircon side).

In such cases, if you have a simple device that connects directly the BMS (usually all kinds of equipment have RS232 port) with the aircon system without any configuration (just Plug and Play) makes life much easier.

The customer eventually pays less, you are integrating the system without a "headache" (even if you have to set the centilized addresses on the aircon, that is very easy) and everyone's hapy..

Totally makes sence..

Quote Originally Posted by kostasgreece View Post
    Totally makes sence..
    Yes definitely, unless of course you are worried about the daikin warranty. If you connect anything directly to the AC System you can forget about the daikin warranty. Would have been a lot nicer, if the coolmaster did not connect directly to F1/F2 terminals. Id be inclined to use an alternative product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast